TA Rear Diff Girdle

Darkstar72

I'm getting ready to install one this weekend on my car and was curious if the supplied hardware in the kit works as it said that some BOP applications have deeper threads on the diff housing that would require different hardware. Also...when installing the supplied gasket would you install dry or skim coat it with some RTV? TIA

It will definitely leak out of the pre-loads if you fill it to the fill hole, do a search to find the recommended fill level.

I was just planning on putting in the factory fill amount which I thought was 2 qts. but I can double check that before I fill. I did not plan to fill up to the fill hole.

Yeah...looks like according to All Data it takes roughly 2 qts and once adding the friction modifier for the posi should be right at full

Fluid Capacity -
Note: 7 1/2 inch axle, 3.5 pts.; 8 1/2 inch axle, 4.25 pts.; 8 3/4 inch axle, 5.4 pts.

Yeah...looks like according to All Data it takes roughly 2 qts and once adding the friction modifier for the posi should be right at full

Fluid Capacity -
Note: 7 1/2 inch axle, 3.5 pts.; 8 1/2 inch axle, 4.25 pts.; 8 3/4 inch axle, 5.4 pts.

its Roughly 2.5 qts and just fill it using the factory fill hole on the back of the pumpkin until it starts to seep from the hole... i just drained mine and did mine about 3 days ago... fwiw

i need to double check my pre-load bolts for seeping but didn't recall seeing any...

I installed my cover dry as well, I did use a different gasket though... I used a lubelocker reuseable gasket.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I installed my cover dry as well, I did use a different gasket though... I used a lubelocker reuseable gasket.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

RTV on mine. Cover mating surface only. Several years. No leaks. Filled to bottom of stock fill hole. GM limited slip additive before filling with lube.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I finally put this on my truck ... I don’t plan on taking it off for a long time... so fel pro gasket and rtv used
2D21CC2C-A670-471C-95B8-908382A17896.jpeg