The Bassler

garyk1970

Electronics Moderator
Staff member
Its not Buick related, but i just bought a 98 s10 Blazer in plans on competing in iasca idbl in the 2014 season. My plans are to place at the world finals again or become the world champion in my class. Ill post up a thread on how i build this beast if theres any interest...
My goal is to have a demo for the shop that sounds good and spl's 165 dbs+...most spl type vehicles are loud, but doesnt sound good and isnt practical...hopefully the Bassler with do both...heres a before pic

98 blazer.jpg

I thought about it....its something that all the groups shouldve been done a long time ago......i was going to see whats going on in the sport now, but i think bowling green is the same weekend?
might try and go sunday...

What you plan on running in it? Cool!!!!

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Thanks Shane! Ive gotta take alot of measurements,but im shooting for tweve 12's..i a sealed box for each driver....will be accurent and deep bass...

I've been out of this game for a long assed time so I'm not up on the specs and capabilities of all the current components/speakers BUT for sake of cramming as much cone area into a given space as possible nothing without corners beats 10" woofers. Don't take that as me forcing my opinion or suggestions on you because the beauty of these systems is watching ones own ideas come together and work. I know how my thought process would work to tackle this and am interested in whats your angle of attack and why 12's. I am going to love following this thread good luck. Have you considered using the square woofers?

Im going with Phoenix Gold......im the Dealer and the line is protected.....i sell many brands, but nothing could he worse than building a good system, then someone in town giving the stuff away...
Pg best & baddest woofer is the Elite series, and it only comes in 12" .......

Basic physics; woofers move air/create pressure, the more air moved the higher spl.....size of cone doesnt matter, but a square does offer more cone area, thats another story...

Here is something that you may not have thought about. Epilepsy. I just googled those woofers and see that they have three blue LEDs in the dust cap area. You are going to need a warning sign that reads along the lines of : Exposure to the awesomeness of The Bassler can trigger Epileptic Seisures, proceed at your own risk. The woofers do look impressive. The excursion limits are unreal.

Here is something that you may not have thought about. Epilepsy. I just googled those woofers and see that they have three blue LEDs in the dust cap area. You are going to need a warning sign that reads along the lines of : Exposure to the awesomeness of The Bassler can trigger Epileptic Seisures, proceed at your own risk. The woofers do look impressive. The excursion limits are unreal.

:D;):eek::p

I thought about it....its something that all the groups shouldve been done a long time ago......i was going to see whats going on in the sport now, but i think bowling green is the same weekend?
might try and go sunday...
Not sure how they are going to arrange folks in the arena, but I should be around the Linear Power group. Pretty hard to miss my black 2500 HD Crew Cab, it ain't no show car. Stop by the LP booth. Hope to see you there.

12 12's should hammer. I think it's going to be a tight fit to get all those 12's in.

Not sure how they are going to arrange folks in the arena, but I should be around the Linear Power group. Pretty hard to miss my black 2500 HD Crew Cab, it ain't no show car. Stop by the LP booth. Hope to see you there.

12 12's should hammer. I think it's going to be a tight fit to get all those 12's in.

liner power is good stuff, didnt realize they were still around....im not exposed to a lot around here....ill come sunday i hope, whats your first name? youve got the 2500 hooked up? ive got a 02 2500 with four tens tuneled through...

Yep, Linear Power is still around. I have 3 of the new 2150 amps in my truck. One running a single Blues/LP 10 in a custom center console and 2 running a Blues/LP 6 1/2" 2-way component set. We have several systems there running in the MECA SQ Finals. Check out the Linear Power and Blues Car Audio web sites. My name is John, but some team members call me Johnny. The owner, Ray Rayfield, will be at the show if you want to talk shop or have a dealer inquiry.

cool...i will john, good luck to you guys ,and congrats, making it there is a feat within itself...

Linear Power had the 8002 back in day, super nice amp, and the PG 2125 was unstoppable. Mark Fakuda had the Rockford blazer with 16 15's in it. 12 12's will fit..........somehow! Good luck