You can type here any text you want

The option that ASC forgot!

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

TurboRegal84

Staff member
In stock form the GNXs are great all around cars....however, have you ever driven your car and wished that it had something that that the GNX package did not include when the cars were new?

What was it? Better brakes? Engine? Interior? Braces?

After a few replies I will post up what I wish they came with!

Better brakes and Alky inj...or should I say 80's Buick correct "Power Injection"

List

Center arm rests built into the seats , cup holders that pop out of the side of the console, full size 16 mesh spare , and a custom car cover with the cars number on it .. Keep the molly jacket i cant put that over the car to protect it . Tires other than goodyears instant melt version . And full blackout .turn signals, taillamps, headlights ,windows ,and last but not least .a boost gauge that reads higher then 15pds . Kinda sucks having to run a spare ... Im sure if i drive her in the near future ill think of more ..

-Cloth seats with Leather inserts and adjustable bolsters like the early GNs with GNX embroidery instead of the turbo 6 logo.

-Factory roof option

-4 wheel disc brakes with ABS

-Independent rear suspension if it could be strong enough to handle all that twist

-Digital dash with all the same gauges as the analog ones

-Electronic automatic climate control like on the 86s but a better system without issues (love that 80s electronic wizardry)

-Turbocharged 5.7 Tuned Port Fuel Injection V8 option or at least a larger (TA-49 type) turbo on the V6

-Power passenger seat

-Twilight sentinel

-Cup holders would be nice

-Designer series paint options or different available colors

-AM/FM/CD

In trying to maintain the overall "integrity" that Buick/ASC seem to ahve been striving for in 1987, to me the GNX was perfect with regard to:

Exterior appearance
Rear end/tranny/motor set up
Instruments

The two areas I think they could have have made some additional improvments to include:

Brakes
Seating (at least added a GNX logo on the headrests or something)

Cup holder for those Sunday drive's :cool:

Better stero... whatever the top of the line was for the time

Arm rest :)

Twin turbo... or a 454 big block along with the certificate from the law enforcement agency the car belonged to before it was released to the public. This would take care of some of the myth's! :D I know I'll take some shots here... I apologize, I couldn't help myself! :)

GNX Head Rest... simple and cheap

GNX Head Rest.. simple pop off GN head rest add new custom made head rest... GNX 001...

GNHT2008_INTERIOR1A.jpg

all black interior would have been nice or bucket style seats and center armrest in the back, maybe a 5 speed version or even a hurst type of lighting rod shifter but a little different? i wonder if anyone of the fortunate 547 ever painted a GNX a different color?

This thread caught my eye having bought and sold 8 GNXs...

I agree with several posts already concerning better brakes and a better or upgraded interior seating would have been nice. Its ashame ASC wa so rushed on the project.

Better paint would have been nice also.

For that time period 1987 the car really was a sweet ride and aggressive looking the way it turned out especially with the suspension. Bilstein shocks would have been nice.

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Great replies...keep them coming!

I had a 1984 Grand National prior to the GNX and was spoiled with the Lear seigler seats. My pick would have been a Lear Seigler or Recaro type seat in the GNXs.

Almost

This one almost happened ....but it was cut do to cost....so I put one on my car anyway.:biggrin:

Attachments

• DSCN1374.jpg
    DSCN1374.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 328
Back