You can type here any text you want

The slow and the furious!

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Flaco

N/A
So I got a wild hair on my ass and went to Qualcomm stadium for 8th mile drags. It was packed but I got 7 good runs in two hours. I learned a few things here and there. I do need drag radials because I was wrong my car can burn out from a dead stop. It must be the water stuff they pour on the ground to burn rubber. Either way I could not hook the tires up. Any who here are my "kills" and best/ slow times. I noticed that when the car shifted to second It pulled hard and I just passed the car I was racing. Pretty cool feeling reeling somone in. I lowered Boost to 18 Psi. and was running Denatured alc.

Ok F*ckers dont laugh it was a good night for me.

R/T .466 slowest=.705

60 ft 2.468 slowest=2.603

1/8 9.3:redface: slowest=10.0 decided to shift instead of letting the car do it.

Kills

infinity G35 or the regular one could not tell.
Honda civic v-tec (yeah yeah yeah what ever he wanted to race me)
Chevy silverado SS (new)
My lil Bros chevy camaro z28, old 350. x2
some wierd looking volvo, lots of gauges and front drag tires.
and a mazda 3 speed Turbo. I wanted to race a turbo car to see how i would do. I beat him out of the gate pulled away hard from him:)

The way I raced the car was pretty much left it in drive punched it on the 3rd yellow light and spun tires and off I went. Usually they got as far as my front bumper to thier driver/ passenger door and then I pulled on them.

dont forget NOT to race in OD, make sure its in D.... and let the tranny shift for itself... also, Did you brake torque at all to build boost from the line???
anyway good kills.... what'd you loose to?

dont forget NOT to race in OD, make sure its in D.... and let the tranny shift for itself... also, Did you brake torque at all to build boost from the line???
anyway good kills.... what'd you loose to?

Oops yeah I raced in OD and in D I was trying things out My tranny sucks either way.This was my first time at the track with the car. I tried to brake torque but I spun really bad. SO I had better luck just stomping on it from the line. I did not lose to any car. There were faster cars there but I could not line up to any. I did try to run and new srt-8 challenger but when we were gonna run he moved to the side for the mazda. Below are the links. The two runs are against my brother. He learned why 20" donk rims suck. The inside one he fell asleep and you can hear him say "oh ****". You can see my car lag and then take off real good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YYLIfu494Es

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fjW0L7QVVFc

That car is not Fast & it's making me Furious

LOL

A civic wanted to race you? LOL

That car is not Fast & it's making me Furious should've been your title lol

nice kill flaco looking good man

Thanks.

I'm going back in two weeks and will run the STI that beat me. We are doin this from a dig this time. I will have my M/T strip tires this time as well. The camaro was faster but my lil bro had to smog it and he had to switch the carb,intake and connect the smog pump. Also running 20's didnt help him.

Thanks.

I'm going back in two weeks and will run the STI that beat me. We are doin this from a dig this time. I will have my M/T strip tires this time as well. The camaro was faster but my lil bro had to smog it and he had to switch the carb,intake and connect the smog pump. Also running 20's didnt help him.

If you are going to stick to 18 psi right now and run alky; you should bump your timing up. Any idea where your timing is at now? With boost levels around 18 and alky you should easily get north of 23 degrees. The stock turbo loves timing bro....

Ask Lou what he thinks :D

what the hell was with the bike coming up behind you guys on that second race video?

what the hell was with the bike coming up behind you guys on that second race video?

Oh its a four lane 1/8th mile. Theres a barrier thats separates them. After we went then the other two lanes go. He did a solo run.

If you are going to stick to 18 psi right now and run alky; you should bump your timing up. Any idea where your timing is at now? With boost levels around 18 and alky you should easily get north of 23 degrees. The stock turbo loves timing bro....

Ask Lou what he thinks :D

Lou and I are plotting a few things. ;)

Where is this drag strip, Flaco?

I went to Irwindale last Thurs for the 1/8 mile street legals.
My best run was a 7.4 at 92.24 mph. I still have room in the tune and the launch (more boost) to go a couple tenths faster, so I'll try to on the 30th against Papa Lous Z06 in the 1/4 at Fontana.:D

Get those Drag Radials on the car too....You should be able to fit 275/50/15's under there ....26" tall. Worst case you'll need 1/4" spacers.

...and before you start bumping boost and timing....hook up a DirectScan or something similar and get some full run data so you can really see where your tune is at and make intelligent adjustments.

The ScanMaster is only a reference tool...not a tuning tool...it will not capture a full run of data and will miss a lot.

...and before you start bumping boost and timing....hook up a DirectScan or something similar and get some full run data so you can really see where your tune is at and make intelligent adjustments.

The ScanMaster is only a reference tool...not a tuning tool...it will not capture a full run of data and will miss a lot.

Im not there yet Chicken. Also I dont really mess with anything except lowering the boost. Pappa Lou will whip me if I go about trying to tune the car.

Anywho went to the strip again located at Qualcomm stadium. Mr Sti went but as my cheer leader. He didnt want to race from a dig because his mechanic/buddy/tuner said he would break his tranny:rolleyes: They were really anal about the inspection this time around. The guy spotted the Alky set up and told me I needed a race jacket. I thought I was gonna go home that night but a fellow Board member came along and let me borrow his.:biggrin: Thanks alot Randy.

I threw on the slicks tested the Alky and off I went.
I did ok I was not trying to break any records or the car
I ran the car @ 18Psi, #5 setting on the Alky control (No knock all 6 races) and 25 Psi on the slicks. I had trouble building Boost and the one time I did the car went a little side ways but I just gunned it and straightend it out.

No real good kills except for a white muscle car that looked like a monte. He sounded Beefy but I took it from the line and pulled the whole way. My best run was against an eclipse thats when I did manage to build some boost I don't know how much but it was enough to break the slicks loose and scare the crap out of me!

Here are my times

Fastest R/t 0.666 Fastest 60 ft 2.069 Fastest 1/8th 9.063 @ 82.52 Mph.

I did better this time on 18 Psi with slicks than at 20 with street tires. I could have bumped up the boost but I noticed the car pulls better at 18 psi. And yes I did have it in drive not OD like last time. Yeah im a Noob.:redface: I think the car could do better but I gotta work on my launches. Over all it was a good night.

Heres my best run.

YouTube - Gn Vs Eclipse.

Hey who the hell was that Randy guy at the races?;) Dude, if I had my helmet with me I woulda let you borrow that too.

Now I know not to have that guy tech my car if I go there. There's one other tech guy I avoid because he gave me crap about my alky. He also gave my other friend a hard time about his alky and had to go scrounge for a jacket from a stranger.

Anyway I thought you did alright...it looks like you beat every car that you ran. That white G-body with the bolt on hood scoop was an old Cutlass...I saw his "race car" leave on a trailer.:eek:

I can't wait to see it run again with that new turbo and converter and more boost. Maybe next time I won't bitch out and I'll run my car too lol.

Hey who the hell was that Randy guy at the races?;) Dude, if I had my helmet with me I woulda let you borrow that too.

Now I know not to have that guy tech my car if I go there. There's one other tech guy I avoid because he gave me crap about my alky. He also gave my other friend a hard time about his alky and had to go scrounge for a jacket from a stranger.

Anyway I thought you did alright...it looks like you beat every car that you ran. That white G-body with the bolt on hood scoop was an old Cutlass...I saw his "race car" leave on a trailer.:eek:

I can't wait to see it run again with that new turbo and converter and more boost. Maybe next time I won't bitch out and I'll run my car too lol.

Hahaha My bad must have been the Alky fumes! Thanks Rodney. Wow a trailer? I saw the bad scoop job but I figured it would be fast. He went out of his way to stage up next to me. Yeah it was a crappy start to the night. They kicked my girl out of my car because she had the wrong wrist band and then they wouldnt give her the right one becuase she did not have her DL on her. Ill race you when you run yours. You'll kick my ass but I dont mine losing to a faster GN.

Hey Flaco.
Very cool...you're getting lots of time at the track.:D

If you're running 25psi in slicks, then you need to let some air out...should be around 15psi. Too much air pressure counters the hook.

On DR's 20psi is good.

Hey Flaco.
Very cool...you're getting lots of time at the track.:D

If you're running 25psi in slicks, then you need to let some air out...should be around 15psi. Too much air pressure counters the hook.

On DR's 20psi is good.

Yeah they were at 35 psi when I got them. 15 psi seems so low though. I will try it at that Psi when I go again. Mr STI announced he will run this time but he already flaked out so im not expecting a run against him anytime soon. Although he could be trying to pull a fast one and get some mods on his car.

Back