You can type here any text you want

thinking of building a hybrid

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

sdteb

trying to get it like you
94 firebird...was a lt-1 auto car....i have motor and tranny....will only need the headers and wiring harness and what else? anyone on here done this?

Yes... there was a GM High tech car that was running 10's with a GN engine in it... Green or black if I remember right....

Good swap... factory headers should be no problem to find.

Use HR parts poly mounts and fabricate somthing off the stock K member or fab a pad for the stock GN frame pads to sit on.

What did you do with the LT1 and auto tranny? I have a 67 Chevelle wagon that needs a small block and O/D trans... :) :biggrin:

Scott~

UR50SLO@aol.com

I'm thinking of doing this with a 98+ F-body. I've read some articles that Steve (owner of the one in GM high tech) has written and it seems the difficult areas are motor mounts, and head/header setups.

As far as the heads, using 3.8L GN heads with GN headers make things very difficult around the heater box when you go to run a downpipe.
You can use FWD heads and make it easier, but finding TTA headers may prove more difficult than fabbing a downpipe.
I would imagion that removing the heater box would make things much easier, if your willing to give up heat/air.

HTH. :)

UR50SLO said:
Yes... there was a GM High tech car that was running 10's with a GN engine in it... Green or black if I remember right....

Good swap... factory headers should be no problem to find.

Use HR parts poly mounts and fabricate somthing off the stock K member or fab a pad for the stock GN frame pads to sit on.

What did you do with the LT1 and auto tranny? I have a 67 Chevelle wagon that needs a small block and O/D trans... :) :biggrin:

Scott~

UR50SLO@aol.com

I think it was purple. The GMHTP article didn't really explain how to do anything...Does he have a website or something? Thanks, Tim.

DCVING 6 said:
I'm thinking of doing this with a 98+ F-body. I've read some articles that Steve (owner of the one in GM high tech) has written and it seems the difficult areas are motor mounts, and head/header setups.

As far as the heads, using 3.8L GN heads with GN headers make things very difficult around the heater box when you go to run a downpipe.
You can use FWD heads and make it easier, but finding TTA headers may prove more difficult than fabbing a downpipe.
I would imagion that removing the heater box would make things much easier, if your willing to give up heat/air.

HTH. :)

hey DCVING, i have a '97 black hardtopZ roller that i want to sell. has BMR tube k-member and lower a arms (would free up alot of room for Buick plumbing). Global west traclink tq arm (google it to see how that TQ arm is compared to stock type arms, in a way its much like the GNX setup). Spohn adjustable panhard bar. Custom alum. hex tube rod ended lower control arms (super lightweight). LS1 front brakes. new Walbro 255hp in tank pump
was a 6 speed car. has EVERYTHING except motor and trans
car looks awesome, body is straight and has 86,xxx miles on it
charcoal cloth interior (none of which is currently installed, cept dash and wheel etc.) with 30th anniv. embroidered seats
not a '98 like you said but its close and has good mods too start with!!

anyone can pm me if interested!
car is in Springfield IL. and needs wheels and tires to roll

Back