You can type here any text you want

Thinking of painting my car like this

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Flames or Not

• Yes

Votes: 10 11.9%
  • No

Votes: 74 88.1%

• Total voters

The_Six

What do you guys think I dont know whos car this is Ive had this pic for a while and have always thought about doing the flames like this on my car.

What do you guys think I dont know whos car this is Ive had this pic for a while and have always thought about doing the flames like this on my car.

IMO, NOOOOOOOOOOOOO....

It's your car, so paint it purple or pink and enjoy it:biggrin:

Thats funny my doughter says paint it how ever you want too, but when she gets it, it's getting painted purple.

I would go less dramatic and go with ghost flames. If you’re painting it yourself all you need is some pearls and inter-coat clear. Ghost flames are easy to do and they don’t stand out as much.

I had a truck with gost flames once but never done any thing this dramatic. I touhgh about doing a temp paint job like this to see if i like it since Im going to repaint the hole car and if i dont no los it can come off when the rest of the car gets done. I even tohught I may try the real flame look like this.

I would say if your car has the balls to back it up, then go for it. Plus, Hotwheels just came out with a 1:64 car that looks just like it.

No it’s not a fast GN. But then again T-Buick drivers have different idea when it comes to being fast compared to most.

like said earlier, better have the cojones to back it up. The buick crowd wont like it but everyone else will. go for it:biggrin:

I had ghost flames on a truck and was just thinking something I’ve never done before. It funny when a T-Buick guy says it needs the cojones to back it up T-Buick guys have a warped sense of what a fast street car is before any other group from f-bodys to ricers would thing a anything in the 12s is fast even a stock T-Buick running 13s is fast to most street cars but in the T-Buick world you have to have a low 11 high 10 second car to be fast. So I’ve given up on being fast now I just try to look the part I find 90% of the time the GN reputation wins the race for me any way.

Around here, that would just be more unwanted attention from cops, even if it only runs 18's. I personally wouldn't do it, but I like my cars a little less noticable in the graphics dept. :)

Cops around here would leve me alone they may stop and talk but they wouldnt give me any trouble they have the ricers and mustang crowed keeping them busy. plus My wife works for the county EMS so every one knows the car around here.

Ok guys car is almost ready for paint and Im still thinking of going with flames like this. My bumpers are smoothed out door handles shaved but Im still thinking this would be cool to do I wish i knew whos car this was and if it was still around.

Ok guys car is almost ready for paint and Im still thinking of going with flames like this. My bumpers are smoothed out door handles shaved but Im still thinking this would be cool to do I wish i knew whos car this was and if it was still around.
Nothing wrong with that paint scheme except the attention to detail when finishing it out. It's missing aftermarket wheels and the bumper needs smoothed...like you have done.
If that car were lowered, and had a killer set of aftermarket rims, and the yellow were toned down a few shades, it would look much better. To throw flames ( and really nice flames too) on a all stock looking car, doesnt do the car justice, nor the great flame job. That is no hack job done with spray bombs, thats a Pro job. The car needs a stance, and more customizing. No badging, no door handles...and maybe the grill and bezels done yellow also. You will always get the guys who are afraid to try something different. If you want it...do it...just do it all the way. Add some custom touches to the interior as well. You cant push the car to a new height and leave any aspect of it the way it came. It doesnt have to be obnoxious...just tasteful.

This is how I did mine a few years ago

image-154488630.jpg

there is a lot wrong its called taking a beautifull car and butchering it.Nothing tastefull about putting ugly flames on a car that was perfect all in black.Put thats car for sale and see who is interested i it.No one thats who due to the horrible paint scheme.Go back to all black its so much better looking.

Back