Threads Will Not Be Deleted!

SGRIM

Owner/Admin TB.com
Staff member
Please understand that if you post something for sale on this board it WILL NOT BE DELETED.

It has become more common that members post threads and later for some reason want them deleted.

People use these threads for reference and other reasons. So please understand this before you post...

Not sure that makes any sense to me. If a car sells or a guy does not want to list it any longer then why not delete it? I don't get it.

Maybe someone else would like to use those old threads for a pricing guide for their sale. Easier to look up what similar cars in similar condition have sold for then continuisly asking 'what is this worth?'

Defeats the purpose of having history on a board if you just delete at will... No referral base...

It may have happened in the past but just say someone buys a car and keeps it for a few years and goes to sale it and all of a sudden it has 100k less miles on it than it did the first time it was sold here. If deleted there would be no way to go back and check:eek:

Please understand that if you post something for sale on this board it WILL NOT BE DELETED.

It has become more common that members post threads and later for some reason want them deleted.

People use these threads for reference and other reasons. So please understand this before you post...

What happened to the post last Tuesday about the 87 GN with 48k miles? Think he was asking $13k. Looks like it was deleted.

Um that would be me :oops: . John (the original poster) called me on the phone. He made a impulsive move posting his GN for sale and asked if I could take care of it.

Does this still apply when requested by the op? Should we just close the thread instead?

Rick