You can type here any text you want

Torque converter id??? What converter is this???

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

black86gn

Boost addict
I got a 12 inch converter I am trying to sell that I cannot identify. Bought the GN with it already on. It foot brakes at 2500rpm and flashes 2800rpm. It only drops 700rpm between shifts on the logs. There is a number on the back on the tq of 102907. Around the front edge, k1 c c17 and k1 2b 250. Has a 2 stamped on the side and a 8 on the opposite side. Does anyone have any ideas? Trying to sell for 100.00 and has an estimate of 2500-3000 miles on it.

whats the boost at 2500 and at 2800

Not sure how this pertains to what converter this is...boost at certain a rpm has so many determining factors but to answer the question, I could spool up about 5 psi at 2500 rpm and cannot quote exactly how much on the flash.

Not sure how this pertains to what converter this is...boost at certain a rpm has so many determining factors but to answer the question, I could spool up about 5 psi at 2500 rpm and cannot quote exactly how much on the flash.

His question was so that everyone would know what the true stall speed of the converter is. The numbers on it don't mean much, the stall rpm at 0-1# and 5# will tell people what they need to know.

It sounds like a restalled D5 converter. Stall at 0-1# of boost is probably around 2200 rpm.

His question was so that everyone would know what the true stall speed of the converter is. The numbers on it don't mean much, the stall rpm at 0-1# and 5# will tell people what they need to know.

It sounds like a restalled D5 converter. Stall at 0-1# of boost is probably around 2200 rpm.

The reason why I say there are too many factors with referring to boost is well...I am running a 60trim turbo and it is recommended to have a 2800. And when I had the stock downpipe installed, it would barely make 1psi at 2500rpm. With a 3 inch th pipe it would make 5psi at the same 2500rpm that is why I am not sure how this is relevant. I put the numbers that were on the converter because they do mean something for identifying a converter since D5 converters usually will have D5 stamped on them. I am just trying to figure out exactly how I can legitimately market this converter. Can I call it a restalled D5 converter?

The reason why I say there are too many factors with referring to boost is well...I am running a 60trim turbo and it is recommended to have a 2800. And when I had the stock downpipe installed, it would barely make 1psi at 2500rpm. With a 3 inch th pipe it would make 5psi at the same 2500rpm that is why I am not sure how this is relevant. I put the numbers that were on the converter because they do mean something for identifying a converter since D5 converters usually will have D5 stamped on them. I am just trying to figure out exactly how I can legitimately market this converter. Can I call it a restalled D5 converter?

You can call it a restalled D5 judging by the stall rpm you are seeing.

The numbers only mean something to whoever built the converter. Even then the converter could have been modified and not stamped. I can take a 2400 rpm stall 10" and make it stall 3600 rpm but if I don't change the #'s on the converter there's no telling what it's true stall speed is.....you only know what it should be.

You have done the best thing you can do by posting the stall speed #'s.

You can call it a restalled D5 judging by the stall rpm you are seeing.

The numbers only mean something to whoever built the converter. Even then the converter could have been modified and not stamped. I can take a 2400 rpm stall 10" and make it stall 3600 rpm but if I don't change the #'s on the converter there's no telling what it's true stall speed is.....you only know what it should be.

You have done the best thing you can do by posting the stall speed #'s.

Thanks man. Good point. From my description of the converter, do you feel that 100.00 shipped is a reasonable price?

Back