TR6 ignition 2 step wiring

Pwt

Does anyone have a diagram showing how to wire this up and what types of switches are needed for the install?

You wire up a momentary switch with 12vdc on one side and the orange wire on the other so when it is pressed the orange wire gets 12vdc . That will activate your 2 step and you set the dip switches for what you want it to be limited to .

Here is how I did mine with a potentiometer to control the RPM limit.

two step diagram.jpg

two stepTR6 setup.jpg

You wire up a momentary switch with 12vdc on one side and the orange wire on the other so when it is pressed the orange wire gets 12vdc . That will activate your 2 step and you set the dip switches for what you want it to be limited to .
Here is how I did mine with a potentiometer to control the RPM limit.

View attachment 313763

View attachment 313764
Could you explain the steps on how to activate the 2 step with switch,brakes and throttle.

Could you explain the steps on how to activate the 2 step with switch,brakes and throttle.
I’m not sure I get what you need besides what I’ve already posted . Some ppl put the switch on the left side of the brake pedal. Some put it on a button by the shifter . Ether way the switch has a 12v source and the orange wire that goes to the TR6 . Here is a video of how I set mine up

You can also take the orange wire to a switch and the other side of the switch to ground , but you have to change a dip switch setting in the TR6 . This saves running a power wire to the switch and input wire from the switch to the orange wire of the TR6.
Mine is set up this way , orange to switch , switch to ground .

You can also take the orange wire to a switch and the other side of the switch to ground , but you have to change a dip switch setting in the TR6 . This saves running a power wire to the switch and input wire from the switch to the orange wire of the TR6.
Mine is set up this way , orange to switch , switch to ground .

sounds pretty simple. i have a TR6 and am planning on wiring the 2 step as simple as possible... so if you do it in this manner, you don't have that much adjustability correct? you can only set it to the preset limits printed next to the dip switches?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

if you wire a dial up to the gray wire and switch all the dip switches off you can remotely control the 2 step settings .

I was wondering , other than finding the optimum rpm setting without having to open up the TR6 , what is the benefit of leaving it adjustable and possibly moving the set point ?

if you wire a dial up to the gray wire and switch all the dip switches off you can remotely control the 2 step settings .

gotcha.. ill look more into it when i get time to go back home and slap it all on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was wondering , other than finding the optimum rpm setting without having to open up the TR6 , what is the benefit of leaving it adjustable and possibly moving the set point ?

For me, the benefit is I can dial in a little more or a little less RPM at the track instantly. My dial (potentiometer) is in a plate under the ashtray cover and does not move when the cover is closed.

Dank can you share where you got the dial from ? Is it only the grey wire into the engine cabin then ground it or do you have to run a wire back to the tr6 from the dial

ebay got those potentiometers

I got mine from Amazon... they have a wide selection also... Pretty cheap too.

Now if I can just figure out how to launch without falling flat on my face... ☹️. I think I may have to pull fuel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I got mine from Amazon... they have a wide selection also... Pretty cheap too.

Now if I can just figure out how to launch without falling flat on my face... ☹️. I think I may have to pull fuel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Do you have a stock ecm? If so and you are running a chip that is trying to correct the fueling you will need to run a wire to a open pin on the ecm . I’m not sure which one it is u would have to look it up but it would turn off your fuel correction while you are on the 2 step . If u can’t find what pin exactly message me and I’ll find out

Do you have a stock ecm? If so and you are running a chip that is trying to correct the fueling you will need to run a wire to a open pin on the ecm . I’m not sure which one it is u would have to look it up but it would turn off your fuel correction while you are on the 2 step . If u can’t find what pin exactly message me and I’ll find out

XFi here, do you ground the knob and then connect to the grey wire, still use the orange wire or no? set all the dips to 0 ?

XFi here, do you ground the knob and then connect to the grey wire, still use the orange wire or no? set all the dips to 0 ?

I posted posted a wiring diagram and dip switch settings on this subject on post #3 of this thread.