TR6 ignition and plug gap??

turbov6joe

Signal 1 J-12
What’s the most plug gap you’ve been able to effectively run with the TR6 ignition, and at what peak boost psi were you at? I need to change plugs and am going back to the CR42TS. I want to run as much gap as I can at 25 psi without spark blow out and am looking for your opinions regarding this. TIA, Joe

What’s the most plug gap you’ve been able to effectively run with the TR6 ignition, and at what peak boost psi were you at? I need to change plugs and am going back to the CR42TS. I want to run as much gap as I can at 25 psi without spark blow out and am looking for your opinions regarding this. TIA, Joe
That is kind of a loaded question as every engine is different as well as cylinder pressures because boost is just a number 1 engine running at 20 lb of boost will have very different cylinder pressures than another engine running at 20 lb of boost best thing you can do is start with a decent Gap keep increasing it until it starts crapping out and then go backwards a little basically the same thing as playing with timing and fuel curves

I would start with them at .030, presuming your alternator is putting out appropriately..

Bob

what would be the best plugs to use? with alky and pump? UR5?