You can type here any text you want

Trans brake button

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

gnxtc2

Staff member
I want to move my trans brake button to the steering wheel. However.....I don't want to drill the steering wheel to mount a button.

So, is there some type of braket available to mount a button to the steering wheel?

Thanks

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

I want to move my trans brake button to the steering wheel. However.....I don't want to drill the steering wheel to mount a button.

So, is there some type of braket available to mount a button to the steering wheel?

Thanks

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com
Just drill the freaking hole

I do not how this is done but I have seen the horn button wired to the transbrake. Otto, when I press the transbrake button I am hearing a change in the engine rpm (lower rpm). Is this common?
Jeff

The horn pullls more amps than most people realize, you are probably hearing it drag down the Alt.

I do not how this is done but I have seen the horn button wired to the transbrake. Otto, when I press the transbrake button I am hearing a change in the engine rpm (lower rpm). Is this common?
Jeff
If your hiiting it in park or nuetral it actually applies reverse,so the rom drop you here is it going into gear.

Looking into buying this one:

100_2141.jpg

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

That's pretty slick if you don't want to hack up your stock wheel. Let us know how it works.

Wire it into your cruise control button on the t/s lever. That way it's any easy reach with your finger while the rest of your hand is still on the wheel. That's where I put the line-lock switch, very stealth as well.

K.

I had my T-brake button on the wheel (drilled the hole). but the coiled cord kept getting caught between the wheel and the column.

I really like that location (both hands on the wheel during a launch), but I moved it back to the center console. I picked up an SIR clock-coil with the idea of running the t-brake circuit through the column and eliminate the coiled cord. I haven't torn into the column yet to see if it is possible.

I think I bought the coiled cord and switch from Biondo's.

DR

Back