Trans Temp Gauge ?

dynoman

TurboBuick.Com Supporter!
I plan on installing a trans temp gauge and was wondering where everyone gets their temp reading from . I was thinking of an inline block for the sensor before the cooler .

x2 in the pan. I put mine here and the wire is tied to the speedo cable so that it is secure.
IMG_1104.jpg

Measure at the largest volume of the media whenever possible as that will be the most stable and overall representative temperature.

I plan on installing a trans temp gauge and was wondering where everyone gets their temp reading from . I was thinking of an inline block for the sensor before the cooler .
You want to install it the the trans pan. You want to monitor overall fluid temp as this is what matters to the clutches and longevity of the transmission. Sam call me to discuss.

Thanks for the responses guys . Dave I'll call you tonight . Sam

I actually put mine inline on cooler return. Idk how much difference would be between the pan and line back to cooler. If I ever get a bung installed I would like to compare the difference in temperatures

458A0AA1-66C0-40E3-9C40-E6FE266B309E.jpeg

Will be installing a mechanical temp gauge in return line from cooler using this and an auto meter 2/16 sport comp

I see about 180 in my truck with normal driving

While towing and heading thru mountains I’ve seen it hit 210

Return cooler line oil is the most accurate for determining true trans temp Or to put it another way ..... This is the temp that should concern you. Oil in pan is "stagnant" oil and doesn't represent true discharge temp which is whats concerning.