Transbrake

dynoman

What are your 60' times ?? You can be pretty quick just off the foot brake with the right converter , suspension set up & tires.
I'm getting 1.44 sec. 60' times just off the foot brake without the 2 step . I know Dave Husek likes to call them Trans Breaks because of the strain on the transmission .

When I had Lonnie build my current trans I almost pulled the trigger on a trans brake back then.

What would you recommend for a drive shaft?

rag231

If my car was a dedicated race car it would be a no brainer, it's all about reaction time, 60' and ET. If I drive it 80% and race 20%, I wouldn't make it a special event to pull my trans out just to put a trans brake in until it was refresh time. I had a ground issue on the transbrake solenoid and foot braked my car a whole weekend. I really didnt miss it, just a few small adjustments. I had to ease up on the gas so that I didn't push thru the lights.

i Had a custom driveshaft made when I did the rear end. I told the guy it was for the drag strip and he said he knew what to put together. I never thought to get it spec’d At the time.
High 1.6 - low 1.7s were the last 50 ft times I saw a few years back. Have changed quite a few things since then.
I’m really curious how the transbrake guys like them. I remember having this added to one of Lonnie’s transmissions wasn’t that bad as far as cost.

Nick Micale

Tech Advisor
Staff member
When I had Lonnie build my current trans I almost pulled the trigger on a trans brake back then.

What would you recommend for a drive shaft?
TIM, I have alum and steel HD driveshafts with 1350 U-joints if you want one local.

A trans brake is only as good as the driver! In the early days a few of us won many races with the "foot" brake! :)