Transmission Problem

TTA81

First of all, my transmission was removed/installed by Kevin King at KDK Performance in Orlando and built by Vince Janis with all billet parts to include a Vigilante 5 disc lock up converter (converter was in my GN for a couple years and Kevin sent it back to Precision to have it checked out/reconditioned and all checked good). When I went to pick up my GN from KDK back in Oct 07, Kevin told me that the trans was flaring the 2-3 shift. Kevin also told me that he called Vince and told him what was going on with the trans and Vince told him to drive it around some and to see if it clears up. Well, I drove it back here to North Carolina and a few months have passed and its still the same. I have not driven the car hard since the engine was rebuilt the same time as the trans.

So, I decided to adjust the TV cable per gnttype.org and also pulled out the cable one extra click to firm up the shifts. The trans now shifts 1-2 very firm and the 2-3 flare seemed to have disappeared :confused: The 2-3 shift is smooth. When on the highway in 3rd doing 60, shifting manually to OD is firm. I figured all is well until...

I decide to take the GN out for a drive last weekend (since I don't drive it much during the week). I take it out on the highway, hit it to about 22 lbs boost w/street tires screaming away. Transmission seems to be shifting great. I notice in OD at about a steady 60-65 mph only (no other speed), w/o the cruise on the car will start to "up the rpm's" an additional 300 rpms and back down (just like accelerating and decelerating) to where it was every 5 seconds or so:confused: Shortly after, I get to the off ramp and to a red light. When the light turns green, I step on the gas and the car feels like it is in neutral not wanting to move. I give it more gas and all of a sudden the trans catches and off I go. It will do it in any gear. It is similar to a manual trans like when your stopped ready to go and give more gas than releasing the clutch and then all of a sudden you release the clutch and off you go. None of this happens when i drive around normal and never boost/work the trans hard. Also, driving back home "normally" the trans seems to go back to being normal at stops-to include letting the car sit overnight and drive it again the following day.

Could it be the TCC solenoid? I know stalling at a stop after driving can be a bad TCC solenoid. Could this be another symptom? Will I have to remove the trans and send it back to Vince? Or could it be a problem I could fix by removing the pan? Should I check trans pressure? How is this done?

Any help/ideas would be appreciated. Thanks.

James

No, but I'm going to change the fluid with synthetic/filter TCC solenoid and see if that helps. Also, I'm going to get the Hughes deep pan from Summit also.

BTW, does anyone know how many quarts are needed for a fluid change when i switch to the Hughes deep pan?

I was told that a little dirt, etc. can cause it so the trans guy that last worked on my trans added a bottle (red) of some aftermarket stuff thats lubes the moving parts and improves shifting. He is no longer with us.:frown: