You can type here any text you want

Transmission?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Cbring

My transmission went out and I'm trying to decide my next move. Should I rebuild the 200r4, (which seems that it is gonna be pricey), install a th350( which u was told all I have to do is change crossmember mounting points), or a th400( which I was told I have to change crossmember and cut down the driveshaft)? Any suggestions? Anybody done the swaps? If so is it better? I am on a budget so I am looking for the best bang for my buck.

Guess it depends on how important overdrive is to you.

Also what about a converter? I have stock turbo and intercooler(which I will upgrade later), 212/212 comp cam, 3:73 Posi in the rear. Stock is 2400? Should I go up to a 2600,2800,or 3000. What size 8",9"? I dunno much about transmissions so any advice will be helpful.

I have a stage 2 .. Just had it opened up for inspection .. It had 4 passes on it with a bad detent cable so i had everything checked .. Pm if interested .. $1500.00 plus shipping ..over $2800.00 invested in it .. Brian hofer was the original builder .. Rock solid .. Works great with a good detent cable ..clean & ready to ship ..

You wont like those 3.73 gears with no O/D. :(
With a 3-Speed Trans 3150rpm @65mph. + 200-300rpm for TC slippage unless it's a TH350C w/Lockup TC.
With a 2004R 4-Speed 2100rpm @65mph with 26" tall tire.

Back