You can type here any text you want

Triumph Sport Bike

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

meanchicken

gallo vicioso
After scanning their website, I'm pretty sure it was a 2008 or newer Street Triple or a Speed Triple. It was a white one.

The guy was coming up on me hot with a red light up ahead. I got to the light first and into the open lane next to an SUV.

Mr. Triumph settled in behind me and didn't try splitting the lanes.

When the light turned green, he stayed on my bumper while I rolled into it and about half way across the intersection, I nail it when he tried to make his move. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and say he didn't go WOT the same time I did, but I spun the tires and as my new street radials (yes I wore out the Nittos in 8 months) tried to find traction, he got on it....but I was already out about 2 lengths or more, and from there I continued to pull him and open the distance a foot at a time.:biggrin:

The road, El Toro, narrowed to a single lane so I moved over let out and then slowed down...so did he.

The next light ahead was red so I moved to the right of the lane and signaled him to come alongside on my left so that he could go ahead of me up Santiago Canyon Rd. when the light turned green.

As he came alongside, at the red, he didn't say anything...he looked over at the GN, still not making eye contact and as he read the hood emblem, he nodded with respect and then continued to look the GN over. :cool:

I could tell he was surprised.

Light turned green and he took off...I just let him go cuz the road ahead was curvy and too dangerous to be racing on.

My point had already been made...Sport Bikes will be Killed too...:biggrin:

I guess that if cars are lunchables. Bikes are orderves?:D

If so, then I've been hitting the party tray a bit hard myself.;)

Buuuurrrrp...

Nice kill.

Mike B.

There is a guy that hangs around the shop next to my buddies that has one of the triple Triumphs...he talks a lot of chit about how no six cylinder car can hang with him, even if it force fed. I can't wait to get the break in oil out of my T-Type, replace with synthetic and shorten the waste gate rod...its only at 15 pounds and it's still burning the MT DR's in second.

Your setup is pretty close to mine...I'm not roller cam and have a sretched SLIC...I'm thinking the traction of the DR's may make up the difference in top end power so I'm looking forward to lining up to limey bike after the temp's go back down in FLA...don't want to beat the car up in the heat.

You should be able to surprise him.

If he get's you anywhere, it'll be the 0-60.

But if you brake boost a bit and hook....he's gonna wonder why he's looking at your rear bumper...

If you guys go from a roll...you'll take him.

Back