Trunk Carpet Kit install ??

Way2QWK

Turbo Spooled by CORN
Got a 9 piece trunk carpet kit. Its a Kirbans/G-body one. I cant figure out what order each piece needs to be installed. Im having the most problem with the pieces that go around the trunk hinge. Also does the piece across the tail light area need to be glued? Did a search but no luck. If I had more patience I could figure it out. Thanks

Hope you get an answer. I'm about to do mine and have the same worry. I thought one of the vendors (Postons?) that sells the trunk kit sends a installation video with it.

I just got done with mine. There is really no particular order in which to install the pieces. This is the way I did mine: Install back seat cover piece, sides of trunk and then the floor. I did the tail light piece last, and is has to be glued in place. There are some small pieces that also need to be glued around the trunk hinges. The reason I did the floor last is because that piece of carpet is not near as large as the factory piece and you need to custom fit it so it covers the floor. The kit overall is ok. BUT.. it does not come with any material to cover the spare tire area like the factory piece did. I just went out and bought some matching carpet to do the spare tire area.

The carpet goes under the sides. You put the sides in first then you can slide the bottom carpet under. The bottom carpet is really close on not being large enought to cover the floor, that is why I put the sides in first. This will give you room to make some adjustments and stretch the carpet. I went and bought carpet juke and glued it to the floor first. I then glued the carpet to that. This will give the trunk floor carpet a more padded and soft feel, it will also look smooth and hide the ribs in the trunk floor.
Note: I put the floor carpet underneath the sides because that was the way my factory carpet was installed.

Thanks for the tips. Just finished installing mine. Im happy with the finished look. I wish I had thought of some jute padding on the floor like you said. May try to add some later since I didnt glue it permanently. Will post a pic on my link.

After doing Auto Upholstery for 20yrs for my parents I would recomend doing it in these steps.
1) Wheel wells
2) Back seat cover piece
3) Tailight cover piece
4) Floor piece
5) Then the sides last

Here is a pic of my GN's trunk and another customers "T". I done both myself by hand. made the templets and all by hand.

Scot W.

Postons VHS

I"ve got Poston's VHS tape.I"ll send it to someone will to send it back on CD.