You can type here any text you want

Trunk release button not working

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Jared31

My trunk release button in the glove box is not working. I've checked all the fuses and there all ok. My power antenna doesn't work. Are they on the same relay. Any info would help.

The antenna and trunk release are supplied power from two different areas, not connected.

For the trunk release to work the ignition switch needs to be on. It is powered by the 25A A/C fuse. Also check that the release mechanism in the trunk isn't loose. It gets ground via the bolts.

RemoveBeforeFlight

Thanks I will check on that and let you know. I just bought the GN last week. Just going over everything before I start driving it. GN is stock with 51,000 miles on her. Car is in beautiful shape. Interior is near perfect. The only two items not working is the power antenna which is stuck up , trunk release, and a/c. My buddy does a/c I just have to take it over to his house. I can't wait to start driving it. I grew up in the 80s and the grand national has always been my favorite car. My wife doesn't understand the infatuation with these cars.

I'm stupid I did not have the ignition on. Trunk release works great. Thanks again

I too was surprised when I found the ignition had to be on for it to work. Didn't expect that.

The antenna not moving is all too normal for these cars.

RemoveBeforeFlight

Back