TE45A which exh housing should I use?

These motor have such a low rpm power band that you need to be making some serious steam to benefit from the bigger housing. When speaking to a sales man or a technical rep you need to ask them do they have any actual experience with Turbo Buicks to give a blanket statement like oh you need a .85 housing. There are few guys who you can actually speak to who will tell you the truth on exhaust housing for our cars. Jack cotton is one. Bison is another. I believe Jack has been 140 mph with .63 turbonetics housing on a 45a. You can’t deny the facts when guys with actual experience are telling you hey I have been 10.0 with a garret.63 or I been 138 with a turbonetics.63. I personally been 135 with a precision.63. So in reality if you not going faster than say 10.0s or a 140 mph that bigger housing will probably slow you down like it did with Mr.Spool when he went to turbonetics.82 housing. There is enough factual info on this board to not rely on a salesman who probably has never even rode in a Turbobuick.

not true buddy
What isn’t true? I know for sure people been 10.0s and a 138mph with a true .63 housing. Do you know of anyone who swapped to a bigger housings and picked up on a Buick. Not a import that revs to 9000 rpm or a big v8 I’m talking a Buick v6.

Remember when the board was down a few weeks back and some of you didn't know what to do with yourselfs?

Keep promoting Precision Turbos vs vendors who pay fees. JS.

Remember when the board was down a few weeks back and some of you didn't know what to do with yourselfs?

Keep promoting Precision Turbos vs vendors who pay fees. JS.

I understand what you’re trying to say however bought Turbo’s from Bison both came with Pte housing...Vendors on this board pay fees and sell Pte turbo???

Thank God they Manufacturer two ex housings available for the turbo Buick’s Jerryllllllllllllllllllll. Thank you Harry @ pte too lmfao playing it back

Hello not taking sides asked around same same question and Precision representativ explained it the way TTA975 did wasn't sure why I wanted to put that Garrett exhaust housing my 6765
Because he doesn't know about matching a combo on a turbobuick,which is what this thread is about.which is why the op asked about those with experience with the 45a and multiple ex housings.they sell turbos they dont know how that turbo will react 100%of the time since there are so many engine variables.

I dont even think you can get a Garrett .63 anymore?, maybe Limit has some core's but i doubt it.

I wasn't going to chime in but TTA976 has been an ASS in this thread and I haven't pissed anyone off in a long while so I think I'm due. TTA976 you shouldn't give your opinion ! The OP wants facts and all you're doing is talking BS. I have run the 45A for over 6 years along with other turbos. I have run both the garret and PTE housing. I can post pics of most of them as I still have many of them. The Garrett .63 is my favorite as the spool is almost instant and my car is faster with it than the PTE housing off the line and through the traps. I have tried them all. Turbonetics BB, limit engineering and PTE. My favorite and the best one on my car is the L/E with the garrett housing both on the street and at the track. It is a handful on the street but I know how to drive a car and keep the tire frying to a minimum on the street. Being an old fuck has its merits as I've probably been driving and racing longer than you've been alive, at least I hope that's the case because if not you haven't got a chance or a clue.

I wasn't going to chime in but TTA976 has been an ASS in this thread and I haven't pissed anyone off in a long while so I think I'm due.
Yeah you were waaay overdue ;). But I'm glad you did because your experience with the 45A was exactly the kind of feedback I was looking for. Thanks.

Yeah you were waaay overdue ;). But I'm glad you did because your experience with the 45A was exactly the kind of feedback I was looking for. Thanks.

66 mm compressor is a big wheel. You guys may not think so ... 65 turbine is big too.

All I hear you guys talk about his spool but there’s a trade off with top end trap speed. Need to find a balance.

66mm compressor is too big 90% of turbo Buick’s . Then match it too 65 turbine in journal bearings...lmao... Wonder why you got a jam and that tiny housing to spool it.... I’m dying

Really who cares...

66 mm compressor is a big wheel. You guys may not think so ... 65 turbine is big too.

All I hear you guys talk about his spool but there’s a trade off with top end trap speed. Need to find a balance.

66mm compressor is too big 90% of turbo Buick’s . Then match it too 65 turbine in journal bearings...lmao... Wonder why you got a jam and that tiny housing to spool it.... I’m dying

Really who cares...
Just went back and re-read all your post and could not determine if you are speaking from actual experience putting a Precision and Garrett on a 45a? Honest question.

Just went back and re-read all your post and could not determine if you are speaking from actual experience putting a Precision and Garrett on a 45a? Honest question.

wow that’s a great question ?

Yes , yes I have almost 10 years ago.

Ran Tnetics 6665 bb w/ true .63

Same thing as the 45A except for in ball bearing..and Garrett 66 is slightly better than turbonetics 66 compressor wheel.

Boost dropped off on my setup after 5400/5500 RPM. Car shifts 5800...1/2 3rd...

Right back at ya have a run a new technology ball bearing turbo w/ .85. ??

Really who cares...

Ron you Still running that 66 mm P trim journal with a lockup converter ??lmao... Converter too tight so you put a Band-Aid on your Turbo. Nice 80’s move lol

That's why I never asked him. After reading his posts it's obvious he never used any of them. The only fact he provides is that he never used a 45A with either housing.