TT Chip question from the new guy

smokshw

I recently bought my first GN about a month ago. I has a TT 5.7 chip with 60lb injectors bought as a package. From the receipt I got from the owner it was purchased back in 2016. Car runs and drives great my question is. He had a the cat put back on the car due to where he lived. Would there be any difference in the chip from 2016 to 2018? If I cut the cat back off will I need a new chip? Car showing leans out at WOT on gauge but not seeing Knock retard and Scan Master, could that happen due to putting cat back on? Basically just need to know if I should buy a new Chip or not. Thanks for the help

That's another issue I need to resolve too. That only gauge I have is just the red, Yellow, and green gauge with no information on it as to what my A\F numbers actually are. It just shoots down to red at WOT. Thank you Sir for getting back with me.

Go to Caspers electronic site pull up the gauge. If gauge is in red zone wot back off . Try turning boost down your goal is to stay in green area

That only gauge I have is just the red, Yellow, and green gauge with no information on it as to what my A\F numbers actually are.
you need wot actual numbers,get a real gauge like a wideband or scanmaster.you can change fueling in the chip but its a shot in the dark with no way to see afr

Scan Master on AF was 04 - 07 at WOT which was only for a few sec. I forgot I had made a log of it

AF is not A/F ratio....that is MAF reading for I believe grams/second. The reading on the SM you want to watch is the very first reading stating mV (which is reading oxygen sensor to indicate rich or lean, higher numbers richer and lower numbers leaner) and the reading right next to the mV reading is the Knock Retard reading, displays as 0.0 when started.

Well Sh)#$%. Thank you. Sorry still learning

mV at WOT was starting around 820-775 and dropped to 450 and 395
Also showed Kr dropping .02 at most

Oh...I forgot...I would think that with numbers that lean you will want to verify good fuel delivery...proper pump, fuel pump hot wire kit, clean filter, and verify fuel pressure is rising with boost, 1:1 ratio of boost to fuel pressure.

mV at WOT was starting around 820-775 and dropped to 450 and 395
Fuel pump is probably falling off at that point unless the car is overboosting and eating all the fuel.check volts going to pump or just get a fresh pump and volt it up.dont go wot untill you verify fuel pressure.where is the boost when you testing?

If at wide open throttle and your mv are dropping and you are getting knock retard best to keep your foot out of it or you'll have some damage even at 10 psi.

Ya, I am trying my best to keep my foot out of it. Only reason I even did that was to get data

Following this post. Is there a way to get the TT recommendations again? I bought my chip a while ago and have misplaced them.