Turbo advice for TTA

anders

1989 TTA
Hi!
I have an old Pressision 67 3 bolt,dont know anything about it but it spools real slow,i alosoe suffering from backpressure i think, and i am looking for a new one.
I am going to install a set of GN1 ported alu heads and a custom intake with special headers next winter.
But maybe i can get a turbo rigth now that can be used on my setup that i have now and still can be used with the new heads/mods to come.

Engine 4.1 stroker
3.5" IC
ported TTA heads
224/224 cam
9.5" converter 3500 stall
3" TD downpipe
E85

Are you sure its a 67 and not an old 7076, it shouldn't spool that slow with that set up, ive spooled one with a lot less, anyway a 6466 will take you a long way before you hit back pressure.

Are you sure its a 67 and not an old 7076, it shouldn't spool that slow with that set up, ive spooled one with a lot less, anyway a 6466 will take you a long way before you hit back pressure.
I really dont know,just the paper that follow the car,is there a way to see what it is?

Take a few pics look for any markings but the best way to tell is measuring the wheels

I put a pt6266 on mine and my car needs a converter desperately. That being said, this turbo is no joke. When it's at 20 or more psi, it feels like a rocket. My tta has a 212/212 roller cam and stock heads. I've heard the 6266 has been in the 9s with all the supporting mods

Ok,thanks for info,i am going for the 6466 billet BB since i am putting on ported GN1 aluheads ,new intake and exhaust headers.
Have you dyno yours ?

Ok,thanks for info,i am going for the 6466 billet BB since i am putting on ported GN1 aluheads ,new intake and exhaust headers.
Have you dyno yours ?

Before you buy anything get with Bison (Brian Bissonette) he will not only make sure you get the best turbo but also save you some [emoji383]search for him on here or Facebook. https://www.facebook.com/bisonsperformance/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I went low 10's back in the 90's with ported TTA heads. I should have gone to a bigger turbo (using a 68mm) before I pulled them off, but i had more money (then) than i could spend! With the new BB turbo, there should be NO issues, but like wb said, I hope you talk to Bison. He can build exactly what you need..I'm building one with the same heads I used in the 90's with a 70

with a 70 mm turbo and studded block and heads. Same roller cam as then, also. I'll update, if it helps..going in next weekend after i clean up engine compartment. I did the GN heads and it was a big hassle with headers downpipes, etc

It's ready to drop in..just need to transfer everything over

Attachments

• tta engine.JPG
    tta engine.JPG
    117.8 KB · Views: 81