Turbo Buick Mechanic Nr Salem, OR

RonKoron

Is there a good mechanic or repair shop in or near Salem, OR?

I'm storing my GN at my brother in-law's and it looks like oil is seeping from near the rear of the engine, probably the rear main seal. I don't live there, and he doesn't know a good mechanic, so I wonder if someone out there knows.

Thank you in advance for any suggestions.

Only 250 miles to GN Northwest in Everett.. in my opinion, you won't find a better shop in the Pacific Northwest. Well worth the drive! Ask them to go over the car while they have it, you'll be happy when you get it back!!

I'd second what Dynalow00 said and take a couple of hours and drive north and let Dan at WWW.GNNORTHWEST.COM take a look at it. Hes done work on my GN as well as probably hundreds of others and my blown Mustang.

Roger that, Dynalow00 and NOONG. Thanks for the tip. I didn't know about GNNORTHWEST.com

That's a bit farther than I had hoped, but I want someone knowledgeable with GNs to do the work. I live in Hawaii and don't want ask my brother in-law to take it all the way up past Seattle. I'm thinking we will have to make a trip back to Oregon and drive it up. That way my wife and I can spend a couple of days in Seattle. Sounds like a plan to me.

BTW, does anyone know a ballpark figure on how much to replace the rear main seal on a stock GN 3.8L engine?

Thanks again for the tip.

Ron give Dan a call, might be easier that way. He's there almost everyday (425) 512-9881

Noong

Mikester2(board name) is in Warren...he builds Trannys not sure what else but is knowledgeable and might be able to help or point you the right way

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

GN Northwest is an excellent shop. I've had work done there and they do not compromise on quality. It's the only place I trust.