You can type here any text you want

turbo engine into 83 regal wagon

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

htwhls19

Hi,

I got a 1983 Regal Wagon with a 3.8L V6 NA motor in it. I have a complete turbo engine(3.8L SFI Turbo GN Motor) available for it. Will it run without the GN computer or with the one that's currently in the car? Still am a few months away from the swap but want to start getting things in line. I believe the motor is out of an 87. It definatley has an intercooler and is not carbed. Any help would be greatly appriciated.

Thanks in Advance

You will need a GN computer. It will make life SO much easier if you have a GN wiring harness. Or as an alternative, you can get a FAST (or equiv.) and a stand alone harness. Guess it depends on your budget and how much your into doing your own wiring.

BTW I had a '83 wagon with a GN motor in it. Sold it about a year ago. Here's a picture of the wagon after the new owner gave it a set of balls. :eek:

Attachments

• DSC00111.jpg
    DSC00111.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 217
Thanks, More Pics?

Hey Thanks for the picture and the info. Do you have anymore pictures? I'm dying for some. what front clip is on that? I'd upload mine but I don't quite know how. Check it out right here though!

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/829200

Let me know what you think.

Thanks again

Hey Thanks for the picture and the info. Do you have anymore pictures? I'm dying for some. what front clip is on that? I'd upload mine but I don't quite know how. Check it out right here though!

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/829200

Let me know what you think.

Thanks again

The car still had the stock front-end on it when I sold it.

Your wagon looks like a great start. I really like the later 2dr front clip, looks like a factory TR wagon. :cool:

Here's one picture I found. I'll take a look for more.

Attachments

• The wagon, Aug. 2005  004.jpg
    The wagon, Aug. 2005 004.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 209
wiring harness...

When you say wiring harness what exactly do you mean/do I need? Just the underhood section or everything under the dash as well?

Back