Turbo help

Ok guys I know this has been asked so many times . But I’m going to ask any way I’m in the process of having a new stoker built forged internals with GN1 heads 220/220 roller on E85 I have a ball bearing 6262 on my stock set up now and I’m think of the 6766 or 6870 for my new set up just looking for some real world Input I know my converter will need to to be changed for the new set up any info would be appreciated thanks

Bison ( Brian Bisonetti ) @ 1-203-640-2126
I have never used him but every one says he is the best , Good Luck Keith

That would be a good choice . I’m running a ct43 6871 with a 3500 9” edge racing converter and it spool super quick and is rated from 600-1100 HP

The 6870 ? I’m really leaning towards that turbo I just want to make sure it’s not going to be to much

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wouldn't do the 6870 unless your looking for 8's. the Mfs 6766 is plenty.. the 66 turbine is more street friendly

The 6870 is pricy too I’m going to to talk to my engine builder also I would love to see 8’s lol but would be happy with 9’s

I wouldn't do the 6870 unless your looking for 8's. the Mfs 6766 is plenty.. the 66 turbine is more street friendly

This^^

The 6870 can make more power than your 109 block can handle.

IMO, with your engine you are building, a PTE Gen2 6466 DBB would spool INCREDIBLE, have a huge powerband, make you mid-high 800fwhp, and with that 66mm turbine wheel you would still be able to spin the motor high, which you will want to do with a 220/220 cam.

90% of Buick owners never fully utilize the power and capabilities of the turbos they own. Instead, they buy bigger-than-needed turbos that flow a lot of air but are not as crisp in the responsiveness, just so that they can say they have the "flavor of the week" turbo, when in reality if they used a more properly-paired turbo for their needs, they would be elated at the increase in the car's performance.

The 6466 can go mid 9's with ease. I have a friend running mid-9s with his 6466. I have another friend running mid-9s with his 6465. Point here is that a 64mm compressor wheel would be quite sufficient for a 9-second car with great throttle response.

May I please ask who spec'd or sold you that 220/220 cam?

How did they arrive at that duration if you haven't even spec'd your turbo OR converter?

Does that not seem suspicious to you?

Thanks for your input that is what I was looking for the cam is a custom grind from my builder I was going to use my 6262 til I was able get a new turbo but I think I’m going to be able to swing it now I don’t mind going with a smaller turbo to have a fast spooling turbo

This^^

The 6870 can make more power than your 109 block can handle.

IMO, with your engine you are building, a PTE Gen2 6466 DBB would spool INCREDIBLE, have a huge powerband, make you mid-high 800fwhp, and with that 66mm turbine wheel you would still be able to spin the motor high, which you will want to do with a 220/220 cam.

90% of Buick owners never fully utilize the power and capabilities of the turbos they own. Instead, they buy bigger-than-needed turbos that flow a lot of air but are not as crisp in the responsiveness, just so that they can say they have the "flavor of the week" turbo, when in reality if they used a more properly-paired turbo for their needs, they would be elated at the increase in the car's performance.

The 6466 can go mid 9's with ease. I have a friend running mid-9s with his 6466. I have another friend running mid-9s with his 6465. Point here is that a 64mm compressor wheel would be quite sufficient for a 9-second car with great throttle response.

May I please ask who spec'd or sold you that 220/220 cam?

How did they arrive at that duration if you haven't even spec'd your turbo OR converter?

Does that not seem suspicious to you?

This here is great advice. Though, I would never use a Precision turbo. Works/BW or Garrett.... I don't get it, how do build a motor without knowing what turbo you're going to use. That's like pissin in the wind. As far as the 109 block goes, I probably wouldn't use anything bigger then a 67mm turbo. I'm no expert and could very easily be wrong, but you push them much past 700rwhp and you're lookin to empty out your pockets and I don't think the Mrs. is gonna like that.... The second time I had my brand new motor built, Chris Hogeland made it real simple. He asked me how fast I wanted to go and what turbo I was using. He did the rest. Heads, cam, pistons, TC.... He told me exactly what and how the motor needed to be built and why. That's what an engine builder is for. But beware, NOT ALL engine builders are created equal, you ask how I know this.....because my pockets have a lot more room in them now.

Thanks for your input that is what I was looking for the cam is a custom grind from my builder I was going to use my 6262 til I was able get a new turbo but I think I’m going to be able to swing it now I don’t mind going with a smaller turbo to have a fast spooling turbo
Nick, if you don't mind me asking which engine builder did you decide to go with. Thanks

This here is great advice. Though, I would never use a Precision turbo. Works/BW or Garrett.... I don't get it, how do build a motor without knowing what turbo you're going to use. That's like pissin in the wind. As far as the 109 block goes, I probably wouldn't use anything bigger then a 67mm turbo. I'm no expert and could very easily be wrong, but you push them much past 700rwhp and you're lookin to empty out your pockets and I don't think the Mrs. is gonna like that.... The second time I had my brand new motor built, Chris Hogeland made it real simple. He asked me how fast I wanted to go and what turbo I was using. He did the rest. Heads, cam, pistons, TC.... He told me exactly what and how the motor needed to be built and why. That's what an engine builder is for. But beware, NOT ALL engine builders are created equal, you ask how I know this.....because my pockets have a lot more room in them now.
Borg Warner or garret gets my vote

The engine has not been put together yet it hasn’t even gotten out of the machine shop yet I’m looking for input on these two turbos my engine builder is a very well know builder here in Maryland and a good friend of mine we have talked about about the turbos just seeing what experiences the TB world has had with either one