Turbo ID Help Please

Charles Young

C Young
I have searched a good bit and cannot find info on any specific turbo type with my combination of wheel sizes and housings. I'd really appreciate some help as I am trying to research this turbo for potential use with my new build. I don't want to get inducer and exducer terms mixed up so I will just say the exhaust wheel at the outer tip is just a hair over 63 mm and 72+ at the base. The compressor wheel is 65 mm at the outer tip and 90+ at the base. Pictures of housings and wheels are below.
turbo 1.jpg
turbo 2.jpg
turbo 3.jpg
turbo 4.jpg
turbo 5.jpg
turbo 6.jpg
turbo 7.jpg
turbo 8.jpg
Any idea what it is?

Thanks - Charles

Charles, because it's a Precision .63 turbine housing, here is a screen shot of what Precision did at one time. Today it seems they've forgotten they did buick turbos since Harry H. was bought out.

Buick turbos specs_Precision_1.jpg

T0476 turbine and looks like a diesel compressor 6/6. 9
Sec potential

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Charles, because it's a Precision .63 turbine housing, here is a screen shot of what Precision did at one time. Today it seems they've forgotten they did buick turbos since Harry H. was bought out.
Thanks Anthony P. - I was looking for a chart like that earlier but couldn't find it. However, based on my measurements and Bisons comments, Im not gonna find my turbo on a typical mfg list. Thanks though!

T0476 turbine and looks like a diesel compressor 6/6. 9
Sec potential

Thanks Bison! So who makes the T0476 turbine? Also, can you clarify your "6/6. 9 Sec..." comment?
Any thoughts on how this thing would spool compared to say a 62/62?

Thank you !

P trim turbine. Compressor 6 full 6 splitters. It will spool slower than a 6262 but will support the same power or very close to the same power. I’m not 100% sure the 62 exhaust wheel gets 100% of the 62 compressor wheels

Great info Bison, thanks again. Since I'm only looking for a mid 10 second combo I'm thinking I need to hang onto this Turbo. I wonder if it is upgradable to ball bearing.

Charles, you have a super knowledgeable source helping you. glad bison had a few moments to see your thread and provide the answers. I saved that page from precision's website years ago. i don't believe any of that stuff is on their website anymore.

Great info Bison, thanks again. Since I'm only looking for a mid 10 second combo I'm thinking I need to hang onto this Turbo. I wonder if it is upgradable to ball bearing.

You need a 10 sec converter. Probably the most important thing

I know you are a big fan of the PTC non lock up but I am running a Husek 3021; hopefully that will work well too. Thanks again.