Turbo identifiers and companies to sell new or reman

Hot Air Beast

Hot Air Lover
My 84 GN is in a machine shop here in Canada for a complete engine rebuild (blew a rod bearing) and it turns out I need a new turbo as well. I have three used ones, none of which are any good.

I think the turbo is a Garrett TA 33.

Does anyone know the GM OEM part number and any suppliers anywhere or a good re-manufacturer I could use?

Message me if you want a turbo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My 84 GN is in a machine shop here in Canada for a complete engine rebuild (blew a rod bearing) and it turns out I need a new turbo as well. I have three used ones, none of which are any good.

I think the turbo is a Garrett TA 33.

Does anyone know the GM OEM part number and any suppliers anywhere or a good re-manufacturer I could use?
I have been working on a HA for +15 years and the HA turbo is different in some ways. Therefore, my advice is;
Bison is a very busy man, but contact him and explain your current set-up and goal to ensure you get the correct Buick Hot Air turbo. Don't bother looking anywhere else.

I would recommend calling Reed at WORK Turbochargers. He owns one of these cars and has owned one for many, many years.

Reed has been into Buicks for over 20 years. He used to be a custom fabricator by trade, and then his turbo repair/rebuild stuff took over and he opened up WORK turbochargers. He knows the turbos for these cars in-and-out..probably more than just about anyone I know... FWIW I am running his Borg Warner 300SXE 69/68 with a twin scroll turbine housing on my build which has made over 840rwhp using just a 69mm compressor wheel, and my buddy just ordered WORK's badass S3E "74/74" twin scroll turbo that has made over 1100rwhp with a 74mm compressor wheel..

He has all the machinery to rebuilt, balance, and improve your old turbo. He can even machine the housing to make modifications to help with airflow. Their number is 205-874-6608 tell them Tyler C. sent you, and Reed will hook you up with an extra discount ;)

Trust me, Reed is one of those guys that you will regret it if you don't call. Every person I have sent his way has either bought a turbo off him, or will be using him when they upgrade their turbo in the future. Dude is just a solid guy that knows his shit inside-and-out.

I need to thank everyone who replied/sent me a pm/called me. Man I really appreciate this forum. I finally ended up taking advice from JB Racing (Joe) (turbo Buick owners of eastern ontario and western quebec) regarding a rebuild close to home. it is such a troublesome subject that i am also going to take the advice from others and likely buy a couple to have in stock.

Thank you guys so much!!!

I need to thank everyone who replied/sent me a pm/called me. Man I really appreciate this forum. I finally ended up taking advice from JB Racing (Joe) (turbo Buick owners of eastern ontario and western quebec) regarding a rebuild close to home. it is such a troublesome subject that i am also going to take the advice from others and likely buy a couple to have in stock.

Thank you guys so much!!!

Joes my friend/engine builder/head porter. He's one of the best. Tell him Scoob said hello!