You can type here any text you want

Turbo protection

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Cbring

ForumRunner_20130405_193748.png
Just got this beauty in the mail today and i wanted to ask everyone's opinion about protecting the turbo from future damage. I learned the lesson the hard way about properly machining the timing cover and oil pump. I will be ordering a new one from t a performance and doing all the machining but what can i add for more protection. Is a turbo saver enough? I know its pretty much a relocation kit which allows a bigger better filter. HELP! I dont wanna burn another $1100 turbo!!

The turbo saver does more than relocate the filter and allow you to run a bigger one. It provides the turbo with oil after it has been filtered. A turbosaver is a great investment.

There are options out there. Mark Hueffman at TR Custom Parts has a great alternative with his turbo protector.
http://www.buickgn.com/turboprotector.htm
I've got one on my DBB turbo, it Filters the oil going to the turbo as well.
It has much less plumbing & is a great space saver too over the PTE Turbo Saver.

Does this mount in the stock location?

yes, its a cartridge style filter with a replaceable type element. I'm not running the separate turbo oil feed, the filter itself is a major upgrade over the stock type.

Buy extra elements when you order.

Bob

How often should the cartridge be changed 3-5000 miles like a regular filter?

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

I read you can go up to 7500 miles, but I would change the filter after every oil change. I ordered a spare filter along with the kit, I wont put more than 1k miles a year on my car though.

I read you can go up to 7500 miles, but I would change the filter after every oil change. I ordered a spare filter along with the kit, I wont put more than 1k miles a year on my car though.

I had a brand new PTE turbo saver kit and then I saw the BUICKGN one. So I sold the PTE and got that one. It is nice and simple. :)

My car is getting the last bit of details done and this part is definitely one of the finishing touches.

i switched to marks turbo protector, nice piece and no bulky lines going to the front of the car

Back