Turn signal noise

rhturbo

All my turn signals work. When engaged I see the light on the dash flashing as it should but I don't hear any clicking . Signal disengages as it should when wheel goes back to center. What produces the turn signal clicking noise ? Is this the flasher ?

Yes. Seen some that are very quiet also and some of these heavy duty ones like in tractor trailers or guys hauling campers sound like a hammer on a brick. Remember if you change it, take the old one with you, a lot of these new ones have wider prongs.

ok thanks. I will try replacing the flasher. If I stick my head down low i can barely hear the click

ok thanks. I will try replacing the flasher. If I stick my head down low i can barely hear the click
If you can here the click, even a little, than its not an electronic flasher. But it still can be a very quiet conventional type.

If you enjoy the loud clicking sound, STANDARD brand flasher for our cars is very loud. I would check rockauto 1st.

Ok I installed the Standard flasher, part #EFL552. It is just as quiet as the old one. Any other suggestions?

Ok I installed the Standard flasher, part #EFL552. It is just as quiet as the old one. Any other suggestions?
Not sure whats wrong with that as long as it works. The ones that are loud get real tiresome quick. How old are you, maybe you need a miracle ear. lol

Rick he must under sixty .lol. The standard flasher I install over 20 years ago is loud when engaged. But the noise doesn't bother me, I kinda like it reminds me of the seventies. Good Old Days !! Maybe standard flasher now are manufactured different than 20 years ago ??

You can use a 12 volt, low amp, low decibel, small piezoelectric speaker. Wire it into the turn signal circuit. It will beep when the turn signals are on.

You can use a 12 volt, low amp, low decibel, small piezoelectric speaker. Wire it into the turn signal circuit. It will beep when the turn signals are on.
Someone suggested that on face book. I thought he was kidding. I don't want to hack up the factory wires. Just want plug and play. Parts stores sell one that is supposed to be "5 times louder than stock". Reviews were mixed. Some liked it, some said it was too quiet.

Someone suggested that on face book. I thought he was kidding. I don't want to hack up the factory wires. Just want plug and play. Parts stores sell one that is supposed to be "5 times louder than stock". Reviews were mixed. Some liked it, some said it was too quiet.
If you wanted to take this seriously, It's really not much of a hack. Just install it neatly under the dash at the wires that hang down that the flasher module plugs in to.

What's face book?

If you wanted to take this seriously, It's really not much of a hack. Just install it neatly under the dash at the wires that hang down that the flasher module plugs in to.

What's face book?
I guess I could crimp a couple male spade terminals on the wires and just plug it in. I think that would make an awful noise though! Would sound like my headlight reminder which never fails to get my attention lol.

Rick I check the flasher on my car and it is the same part #EFL552, but near 20 years old. It has the loud clicking sound that you are seeking. Maybe that is the way STANDARD is producing there flasher now ,with no sound.

Rick I check the flasher on my car and it is the same part #EFL552, but near 20 years old. It has the loud clicking sound that you are seeking. Maybe that is the way STANDARD is producing there flasher now ,with no sound.
Ok thanks for the reply Buckshot. As for the piezo buzzer idea, I don't think it would work too well because it would be a continuous sound, correct?

Ok thanks for the reply Buckshot. As for the piezo buzzer idea, I don't think it would work too well because it would be a continuous sound, correct?
No. It would beep with the turn signal lights. You would have to wire it on the lights side of the flasher module. Just use one of those snap-lock type crimps on the positive side of the buzzer and then connect the ground side to any good spot near buy. Done.

How about putting a couple of those fancy LED bulbs in the signal sockets, won't hear them but they'll blind you. I think the problem here is they have made a turn and the signal didn't click off and everyone thought its an old 80yo man going around the world in a left hand turn. Lol, lol.