You can type here any text you want

twin turbo cam shaft

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

sloboymotors

Iam new to the V6 world I just purchased a new unassembled twin turbo motor. I have everything but the camshaft. I don't have a clue who makes a nice off the shelf racing camshaft to start with? I have read a lot of articles regarding this and the only info provided in these articles is this motor has a custom bullet camshaft.
This is what I have:
Wilson sheet metal intake
90mm throttle body
champion alumimun heads
8 to 1 pistons
66mm turbos
dry sump
air/water intercooler
don't remember injector size
all the best bottom end parts.
all piping and wastegates
Can you guys help?

Give Dan at DLS Engine Development a call. His number is in my sig. He is the man for cams for the Buick V6 stuff....

Call Ken Duttweiler, he has done more twin turbo setups then anyone!
And you don't have to wait a year to get your parts.;)

Call Ken Duttweiler, he has done more twin turbo setups then anyone!
And you don't have to wait a year to get your parts.;)

Which Duttweiler are you talking about? When I called about getting an engine built, they told me there was a 2 year wait.

Ill give you a couple of options.

Ive got a cam in one engine from Dan back when he used to work at Precision and I think it's pretty good. It makes power way up into the 8000 RPM range. We had it in Nelson Hernandez's car and it went 8.30s in a 3400# car back in 1997. The car ended up getting cut up and lightened with a Lenco behind it and it went 4.96 in the 1/8th.. I dont remember the specs but it seems like its a 267/267 @ 50.

Also, you might think about calling Billy Anderson @ Anderson Performance. He had the fastest Turbo Regal in the world for a while.. he could help you with cam selection as well.

Which Duttweiler are you talking about? When I called about getting an engine built, they told me there was a 2 year wait.

Ordering a cam and getting an engine built are two different things.:D

DLS, RPE, Duttweiler, Anderson can all help you with your needs, and probably a couple others as well.

I like DLS because of his cam retention system, i tried another route with disastrous consequences. I think the last time i ordered a custom-built cam from Dan, i had it in about a week, week-and-a half tops :cool:

No easy answer to this question. Is there an rpm limit that you want to put on the engine? Is this a strictly race application? :cool: I hope so. What is the performance target you're looking for? How often do you want to have to change valve springs? Is any tappet style OK for you? What fuel? Have the heads been flowed?

Back