UMI triangular front brace

Nope won't fit with a Precision SLIC....had to sell my S&C version of this.
You could however modify it by removing the cross brace and relocating and welding it as required to fit.

You could give them a call. They are very customer service friendly. I have the Kirban 3 separate front braces and my passenger side one had to be massaged a little to fit my CAS V4.

Another option is to call SC&C. They have 2 different types of braces. Make sure you have a lot of time if you talk to Marcus

I contacted them about my 87 GN with stock intercooler and they said, it did not fit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Correction: SC&C do have a triangular one piece brace that fits our stock buick intercoolers.....they do not fit with the Precision SLIC however

Correction: SC&C do have a triangular one piece brace that fits our stock buick intercoolers.....they do not fit with the Precision SLIC however
I wonder if the SC&C would fit a Tony Dequick CAS V4 slic?

not bloody likely
You’d have to order it and try, if no worky, sell it to the next guy who has a stock intercooler

I spoke with Marcus today (SC&C) regarding some shipping info for my parts. I asked him if the UMI brace is identical to his. He said no (I got the impression that they are very very similiar). He developed the brace for/with them but they are not 100% identical. He said that he did not know first hand if either of his braces would fit our cars, his operation manager would, who is actually sick right now. He says the crossbar is right under the sway bar and sometimes clearances can be an issue. He had no idea about a stock or aftermarket SLIC fitment.

I would trust 1KwikSix's results and recommendation.

I went and got some square tubing and made my own . I bent it around my charge pipes . Took maybe acouple hrs to do . The bolt holes are already there so just measure and cut . Acouple holes drilled and bam a under 10$ front brace. That’s if u want it braced up or if u are just looking for the nice look of the umi one and wana pay the $ . Btw how much are they charging for one ?

Attachments

• E08AD5CF-3E57-432A-9201-2FE1474C60E5.jpeg
    E08AD5CF-3E57-432A-9201-2FE1474C60E5.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 193
I went and got some square tubing and made my own . I bent it around my charge pipes . Took maybe acouple hrs to do . The bolt holes are already there so just measure and cut . Acouple holes drilled and bam a under 10$ front brace. That’s if u want it braced up or if u are just looking for the nice look of the umi one and wana pay the $ . Btw how much are they charging for one ?
That's pretty slick. Good thinking on your part.

The UMI, SC&C triangular braces will NOT fit any aftermarket front mount intercooler! I have tested them on several cars here. There are other alternatives that will yield the same results though like the DSE front chassis braces.

The UMI, SC&C triangular braces will NOT fit any aftermarket front mount intercooler! I have tested them on several cars here. There are other alternatives that will yield the same results though like the DSE front chassis braces.
Would either fit a aftermarket SLIC such as a CAS V4? Thanks

Will they fit a stock intercooler? With a GN1 metal shroud?

Any pictures of the DSE bars installed?

Would either fit a aftermarket SLIC such as a CAS V4? Thanks
The CAS V4 intercoolers are so old and kind of rare to come across which means we haven't tested them yet. My guess would be No!