Uneven National Height

nickygn23

20131017_154011.jpg
I noticed my car is lower on the passenger side than it is on the drivers side. I measured it. The passenger side is 1/4 inch lower than the drivers side. I noticed this a while back and I installed new springs and shocks. Still there. Strange huh? Tire pressure is spot on . Any ideas?

I have the same problem. I replaced front and rear springs. It helped but it's still about 1/4 lower. Someone mentioned upper A arm bushings?? Not sure the hocks would have much to do with the ride height but mine are all fairly new and working fine.

If you find a solution let me know. I'm out of ideas.

You know now that I think about mine are shot. Still though...... 1/4 inch. It drive me nuts. If I hear anything I'll let you know.

I have the same problem. I replaced front and rear springs. It helped but it's still about 1/4 lower. Someone mentioned upper A arm bushings?? Not sure the hocks would have much to do with the ride height but mine are all fairly new and working fine.

If you find a solution let me know. I'm out of ideas.

The shocks dampen the springs movement. They don't lift the car unless they are coil-overs.

Check the upper control arm bushings on the right side. They get lot of heat from the downpipe and degrade over time.

Check the radiator support bushing also could have the nose dropped a bit on one side! Unless you are measuring from the bumper.

Pick 2 locations front and rear on both sides and measure the height to the rocker panel and then to the frame. See if there's a height diff from the body to the frame first to make sure it's not a body issue. If no then start looking at the suspension.

You know now that I think about mine are shot. Still though...... 1/4 inch. It drive me nuts. If I hear anything I'll let you know.

I had the same problem as you, it drive me crazy for 2 years, I replace the rear coil springs, no change, I replace the front coil springs, no change
I found in this forum that replacing the front upper arm bushings will help, I was really skeptical about this but for 50$$, I gave it a try.
when removed, I saw that there were no rubber at all, the bushing was gone!!
now the car is level :D

I am going to try the upper arm bushings. Did everything else. Thanks guys . Let you folks know how it turns out.

Everything starts with the surface it sits on! First eliminate the floor as being "Level" then go from there.....Many here like to Assume that the surface is level before giving advice....Once we know for sure the surface is level that the car is sitting on other things can be looked at from there. My assumable level garage floor is actually off by 1/16" side to side and when scaling the car you can adjust the 4 scales to be 100% level...
It can actually be many things causing this so it's good to tackle things one at a time....

Take a good long level and make sure the surface is level where the car sits!

And it's "presumed" that the OP has enough brains to figure out that it's got to be on a "level" surface to get proper measurements from the ground to the chassis but it's not needed for the body to frame measurements.;) After all, "assuming" means you tried to make an ass out of u and me.:eek:

And it's "presumed" that the OP has enough brains to figure out that it's got to be on a "level" surface to get proper measurements from the ground to the chassis but it's not needed for the body to frame measurements.;) After all, "assuming" means you tried to make an ass out of u and me.:eek:
Not the case at all there Charlie, now you assume it's about you.... I will just let you help him out then!

I appreciate all the help guys. I have done everything to correct the problem (springs,shocks) except the upper a arm bushings. I'll try that. The first thing I did was check the level of my garage floor. Its perfect.

did you try rolling the car back and forth about 10 feet after you got out of the car? it's possible that there could be some binding from when you drive the car to the spot where you measure it..

I'm sure that's possible and I'll try that but I'm going to order the bushings any. Couldn't hurt.
Thanks guys

Gentleman ,Thanks for all the great advise. I am pleased to announced the uneven ride height problem is solved. For all those who said upper from passenger side bushings..... You were right on the money.. I had front upper passenger bushing from spohn performance installed . Fixed the problem that has been annoying me to know end. While I was at it I also did the drivers side. I can't tell you folks how much they improved the handling. Thanks for all the help

Attachments

• 20131103_113421.jpg
    20131103_113421.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 116
Gentleman ,Thanks for all the great advise. I am pleased to announced the uneven ride height problem is solved. For all those who said upper from passenger side bushings..... You were right on the money.. I had front upper passenger bushing from spohn performance installed . Fixed the problem that has been annoying me to know end. While I was at it I also did the drivers side. I can't tell you folks how much they improved the handling. Thanks for all the help

I'm gad that your car is level now:)
The only problem I see is that, the towel in front is way uneven!! :D