You can type here any text you want

Unusual 8.5" rear end housing

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

87astrot

Can anyone help me ID this rear end housing? I got it from a friend that bought it through a local Buick dealership as a spare for his 87' GN. It looks as though it has never been assembled or bolted under a car. It has no wear/bolt marks on the control arm brackets from being bolted up. There are no stamped numbers on the axle tube but have stamped numbers on the lower arm/shock mount brackets. The unusual thing is the round axle tube flanges instead of the tall triangular ones that all G body rears that I have seen have. It doesn't look like the flanges were cut off and replaced with weld on flanges. I want to make use of this housing but I am at a loss on what kind of brakes can be used on this. Any help or ideas will be appreciated.

Attachments

• DSC00845.JPG
    DSC00845.JPG
    709.7 KB · Views: 171
  • DSC00849.JPG
    DSC00849.JPG
    732.6 KB · Views: 155
  • DSC00862.JPG
    DSC00862.JPG
    752.6 KB · Views: 108
  • DSC00858.JPG
    DSC00858.JPG
    546.2 KB · Views: 108
  • DSC00855.JPG
    DSC00855.JPG
    689.8 KB · Views: 142
  • DSC00860.JPG
    DSC00860.JPG
    787.8 KB · Views: 115
  • DSC00851.JPG
    DSC00851.JPG
    664.1 KB · Views: 117
Can anyone help me ID this rear end housing? I got it from a friend that bought it through a local Buick dealership as a spare for his 87' GN. It looks as though it has never been assembled or bolted under a car. It has no wear/bolt marks on the control arm brackets from being bolted up. There are no stamped numbers on the axle tube but have stamped numbers on the lower arm/shock mount brackets. The unusual thing is the round axle tube flanges instead of the tall triangular ones that all G body rears that I have seen have. It doesn't look like the flanges were cut off and replaced with weld on flanges. I want to make use of this housing but I am at a loss on what kind of brakes can be used on this. Any help or ideas will be appreciated.

I want to say it looks like a olds/pontiac, check out wilwood sit and enter 87 Gn and it comes up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

small gm bolt pattern ..backers from A body chevelles and f body will work on that flange
looks like those flanges were added so that someone could run GM f-body disc brakes

Back