Unusual line on trunk ID label

awwsumm

I posted this question yesterday, on one of the related Facebook pages - thought I’d try here in the hope of getting definitive information.
I just purchased a 1987 Turbo Regal in Rosewood (car last registered in CT).
Has anyone seen this, and know if this was probably a Police car, or some other law enforcement agency ?
E6C29BEF-9DE6-45E6-B27A-B7442CF6FCC2.jpeg

Good possibility it was ordered for a law enforcement agency. U52 is a digital dash, which the MPH indicator starts to flash at 85 MPH. Law enforcement cars didn't do that, they kept showing the correct vehicle speed.

Not sure what the 20P code is, maybe it also has to do with the cluster.

RemoveBeforeFlight

CT state police used unmarked turbo buicks to patrol I-95 back in the day. have you contacted a CT dept of motor vehicles office, title division, to ask about obtaining historical documents like original application for title and/or copies of titles or anything associated with this VIN?

MA supplied me with copies of all application documents and copies of titles. cost was $10 with a completed request form. maybe CT is similar?

In 1987 the Connecticut state police purchased a number of turbo T's and Grand Nationals for patrol on the highways. I've lived in Connecticut my whole life and remember when they were on the road. In the mid to late 90's the state auctioned them off to the public. A friend purchased one. I ended up buying it from him and parted it out. It was a burgundy T with red interior. It didn't have many options. It had bucket seats, tilt, posi, rear defog and a digital dash. The trunk SPID also stated it had no 85 mph restriction.
I can almost guarantee your car is an ex Connecticut state police car. However, the CT DMV switched over to a new computer system a couple of years ago. I highly doubt you will be able to get any info from them about your car. Your best bet is to go to the GM archive website a purchase a copy of the original invoice. Good luck!

I remember there was a previous thread asking the same question as the OP. I thought there was a pic of three TB's parked side-by-side. All were law enforcement. body colors were a tan color and a reddish color like this Rosewood example by the OP. Had to search via VIN in my build records file.

VIN ending in 435279 was also a Y56 T-package turbo Regal for law enforcement use. From my notes, the thread was from April 2009 and discussed whether the TB was used by CT state police, FBI or DEA.

Didn't spend time trying to search for that April 2009 thread and I did not archive it for my own records. Don't know if search will work since the earlier website server failure. Maybe someone can find it or the owner of 435279 can chime in with a link to that thread from their "watched" threads.