You can type here any text you want

valve seals replacement

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

mr84ss

Hi family. Do anyone know of shop in the Atlanta, Ga area to replace valve seals in our cars?

Hi family. Do anyone know of shop in the Atlanta, Ga area to replace valve seals in our cars?
What do you have going on leading you to think about valve seals, also If you have Iron heads with the stock exhaust valves there are no seals on the exhaust. Only on the intake.

When I first went to look at the car the young guy told me it had been sitting for a couple of years. He said he was going to restore the car but ran out of money. He showed me some papers showing engine had been rebuilt. so after he charged the battery it ran fine with no smoke, but was leaking oil out the oil feed line. He told me he would fix that problem.

When I came back it wasnt leaking anymore and she ran ok just had a high idle. We sealed the deal, so I had her shipped to my house in Georgia. Now when I start her up she smokes alot. I checked the turbo and intercooler but no oil. I was told its probably the seals from sitting up those years. I just want to get her fixed so I can enjoy cruising.

I doubt it's your valve seals causing the issue. I'd check the basic basics first. look at the spark plugs (or in the cyl's with a boreoscope), eliminate the PCV as the culprit, etc...

I checked and changed the pvc valve and it had no oil in it. Ill check yhe plugs tomorrow

Your turbo could still be bad even if you didn't find visible oil on the hot or cold side. In addition to the other suggestions, check the turbo drain line to see if it has continuous slope to the block. As others have said, many other culprits to check before tearing into the motor.

I'm having a similar issue.... I found the turbo piping with oil.. I changed the turbo, checked the pcv.... also did a compression test, spark plugs were ok

Back