Valve Seals

mr84ss

What's up fam. I had a guy look at my 87 gn i bought, (the owner said had been sitting for awhile) and he said i need some valve seals. Does snybody know of a good mechanic or shop in Ga(im in atlanta area) that could possibly do it?

Sent from my LGMS631 using Tapatalk

Sounds like you found one hell of a guru that can look at a car and diagnose valve seals.

Or someone that just spouts off.

And honestly, you could do it yourself. It's not that hard of a job. You need new valve springs and rocker buttons anyways. Might as well do them all at once.

Lol he checked the turbo and down pipe and saw no oil, so then he said its the valve seals.

I've never done that before so I'll gladly pay somebody for that job

Lol he checked the turbo and down pipe and saw no oil, so then he said its the valve seals.

I've never done that before so I'll gladly pay somebody for that job

Is it smoking?

That could be several things. Failed PCV, bad rings, valve stem seals, blown head gasket.

Yes its smoking. The oil still look clear and ive changed the pcv valve. I hope its not the rings. The smoke has a heavy raw fuel smell. Light smoke at idle and alot comes out when pressing the accelerator

Yes its smoking. The oil still look clear and ive changed the pcv valve. I hope its not the rings. The smoke has a heavy raw fuel smell. Light smoke at idle and alot comes out when pressing the accelerator

A leak down test is your next step.

Interesting thing about turbo engines. Both the intake and ports are pressurized. When you gas it a boosted intake port can't draw oil past a leaky seal.

Or just pull the plugs and see if one is gloss black.

Did you ever get to the bottom of your issue? Mine is doing the exact same thing. First it was the turbo, after switching to a new Ta49, I still have white smoke. It’s embarrassing and im ready to pull my motor.

I just got my turbo rebuilt and havent put it back on yet. I pray that solves my issue