You can type here any text you want

VERY NICE 87 GN 34K miles 2 owner multi-show winner

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

jdpolzin

Hey Guys, just wanted to post my car. I am selling the GN but not really advertising it much. I want to sell it or make a trade deal for another less expensive GN. The car has won many 1st place trophies and is a very nice car inside and out. It looks brand new in every way!
Specs:
2 owner, 34k miles, all stock except 3" THDP, 2.5 S.S. ATR exhaust, adjustable wastegate, adjustable Bosch 233 (stock appearing) fuel regulator.
The car runs very nicely except it does need to be tuned. I havent had a chance to tune it with the fuel regulator because I just bought it. I do plan on tuning it soon. The only reason I say it needs to be tuned is because it seems to cut out at WOT. Although, since installing the THDP, I havent had a chance to adjust the wastegate or anything.
This winter I spent a ton of time under the hood. Everything done is with the "Stock Appearing" state of mind. I ceramic coated the headers, cross-pipe, up-pipe, and Turbo shield. Painted the doghuose and valve covers to look new with Powder coating baked paint. Installed custom made stock appearing stainless steel header bolts. New numbers matching alternator. New MAF hose, new headlight bezels because the old ones had some overspray on them. New $25 headlights, painted the framerails and suspension parts to match OE, new O2 sensor, 233 regulator, painted the metal vacuum lines. Installed new coolant and windshield washer jugs.
I cant even think of everything that was done but I do have a pile of reciepts. The only reason for this work is for show purposes, the pictures will explain. I do not drag the car, only show. The interior is mint. The car was factory repainted in '89 do to spiderwebbing with only 6K miles on it. The paint is still very very nice. The original tires were replaced with Firestone Firehawks. Basically, look at the pictures and you'll understand how nice this car is. I want $17.2 bottom dollar. If you are interested, I do want to budge on the price and I'm not being a stickler but the car is well worth that price. I'm am selling the car to buy another one that I will be able, or wont feel bad, to drive. I have a professional appraisal for $22K. If you want to drive this one, thats fine but i just can't do it. Here are some pictures:

http://cards.webshots.com/cp-99711980-IsnD-album/349063171RDBULb

Let me know if are interested. My name is Jeremy and my e-mail is jdpolzin@yahoo.com

thanks -------Jeremy

jdpolzin said:
Hey Guys, just wanted to post my car. I am selling the GN but not really advertising it much. I want to sell it or make a trade deal for another less expensive GN. The car has won many 1st place trophies and is a very nice car inside and out. It looks brand new in every way!
Specs:
2 owner, 34k miles, all stock except 3" THDP, 2.5 S.S. ATR exhaust, adjustable wastegate, adjustable Bosch 233 (stock appearing) fuel regulator.
The car runs very nicely except it does need to be tuned. I havent had a chance to tune it with the fuel regulator because I just bought it. I do plan on tuning it soon. The only reason I say it needs to be tuned is because it seems to cut out at WOT. Although, since installing the THDP, I havent had a chance to adjust the wastegate or anything.
This winter I spent a ton of time under the hood. Everything done is with the "Stock Appearing" state of mind. I ceramic coated the headers, cross-pipe, up-pipe, and Turbo shield. Painted the doghuose and valve covers to look new with Powder coating baked paint. Installed custom made stock appearing stainless steel header bolts. New numbers matching alternator. New MAF hose, new headlight bezels because the old ones had some overspray on them. New $25 headlights, painted the framerails and suspension parts to match OE, new O2 sensor, 233 regulator, painted the metal vacuum lines. Installed new coolant and windshield washer jugs.
I cant even think of everything that was done but I do have a pile of reciepts. The only reason for this work is for show purposes, the pictures will explain. I do not drag the car, only show. The interior is mint. The car was factory repainted in '89 do to spiderwebbing with only 6K miles on it. The paint is still very very nice. The original tires were replaced with Firestone Firehawks. Basically, look at the pictures and you'll understand how nice this car is. I want $17.2 bottom dollar. If you are interested, I do want to budge on the price and I'm not being a stickler but the car is well worth that price. I'm am selling the car to buy another one that I will be able, or wont feel bad, to drive. I have a professional appraisal for $22K. If you want to drive this one, thats fine but i just can't do it. Here are some pictures:

http://cards.webshots.com/cp-99711980-IsnD-album/349063171RDBULb

Let me know if are interested. My name is Jeremy and my e-mail is jdpolzin@yahoo.com

thanks -------Jeremy
17 grand and it needs a "tune".You might wanna try and get it running correctly if you want that type of money.It is very clean though.

Understandable, I do plan on tuning it here pretty soon! Runs very well, I'm just extremely picky and being honest about the car. It really doesn't have any problems but it could be tuned a little better for better performance!! Definately worth the money. ---Jeremy

17k is not a lot of money for that car at all guys. I paid that for one of my gn's over 5 years ago. Just because you see gn's for 8 grand here and there doesn't mean that is the going rate. TTT for you jeremy.

Hey thanks a lot for bump and the compliment Big Stu. As far as the tuning goes, I dont have a Scanmaster so it is tuned the best I can get it with an Ohmmeter. I am going to try to borrow ONEFASTGN's Scanmaster and make a couple passes to see what the readings are but I just havent had time for that yet. Thanks for the bump Stu!!! ------Jeremy

Had a few people interested but no major bites yet. Anybody? My car is truely a very nice car and anybody who buys it will be completely happy with it!!! -----Jeremy

TTT Im waiting on a guy to who said he wants it but its been a week. So lets try this again!! ----Jeremy

If you still have the original paperwork like window stickers and such, its is very worth the price. I paid $15k for mine last december. It is mint inside and almsot mind outside, very few minor defects. Mine has all paperwork, and I mean ALL , even oil change receipts and all repairs done to it since the first owner in 87. Even has the factory built sticker yet.

Yeah, I do have all the paperwork including appraisal, window sticker, oil changes, etc. This is an amazing car!! I just want one that I can beat on a little. This car is, for me, just a show car. Hopefully someone else will buy it and enjoy it too. Have nothing but compliments and people cant believe the condition. There are no door dings and the whole car inside and out is near perfect. Thanks for the interest guys! Come on and buy this thing, you definately wont be dissapointed!! Of course I do hope to still have it for the meet on Aug 27th. ------Jeremy

Yeah I dont know why it is not showing up anymore. I can e-mail the pictures to anybody who may want them. I will also try to figure out my own webpage to post the pictures on. I had my buddy post them on his webpage a while back and he may have made a change. Let me know if you would like me to e-mail pictures to you!! -----Jeremy

The car was factory repainted in '89 -

NEVER HEARD OF SUCH A THING ??
ARE YOU SAYING IT WENT BACK TO THE FACTORY, FOR A REPAINT ???????? :eek:

Hey thanks Glenn!! Must have shut down since you haven't used it in a while!!

Hold on to that beautiful GN it will be worth more money down the road. Buy the other TR so you will have two. You might regret it if your nice GN is sold. :)

Hey SpoolN, thanks so much!! I know I really dont want to sell it but I have the Monte to work on too!! To many toys = problems. If I had my way, I would have every TR out there! The only problem with that would be storage! Thanks -------Jeremy

TTT, thinking about going to ebay unless I get any more interest from you guys. Only had about 4 people interested so far. One guy said he was going to pick it up right away but I turned him down because he was just going to re-sell it!! Guys this is an unbelievably nice car. Needs a good home!! ----jeremy

Where did you buy the powder coating baked paint that you used on the valve covers? Thanks.

Great looking car.

Back