You can type here any text you want

Wanna go BIG!!! 325-50-15's!!!

• Thread starter Thread starter coach
  • Start date Start date

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
C

coach

Ok Guys,
If you have watched my build thread or a few other posts, you may know I've hinted about this.
I have another 8.5 housing that is getting narrowed and I am welding the Ford ends on the tubes to get rid of the C-clips.
My question is... with a 1/2 to 3/4 inch deep frame notch and perfect placement of my 15x10 Vectors, can I get the 325's in there...without any issues driving it? I dont want to be hitting potholes and rubbing up top everytime it happens. I run airbags and only use them when I have the trunk loaded up and traveling.
If any of you are running the 325's, let me know what you did and how they fit. I think since I am narrowing my housing and can place my tires exactly where I want, I may be able to do this. Its more of the up and down travel I am worried about. They are 1 inch wider then the 295's and there are guys running those without any notch. I am going to notch another frame and reinforce it correctly, so I'm not worried about a notched frame on a daily driver.

Lets hear some feedback or thoughts on this.

Thanks as always
Coach

I think your fine if you can adjust the rear end where you want it and get it centered, mine was off by almost 3/8" in one direction. When I was looking at notching and we measured there was enough room. I didn't end up going that way because I was able to fit big enough tires after centering the axle.

dsapper said:
I think your fine if you can adjust the rear end where you want it and get it centered, mine was off by almost 3/8" in one direction. When I was looking at notching and we measured there was enough room. I didn't end up going that way because I was able to fit big enough tires after centering the axle.

Thanks. I wish I was doing the frame in this build, but I cannot right now. Next winter I will notch and stiffen another frame and then add all the goodies up front. My rear suspension is all done. Just need to narrow the new 8.5.
I will go with 295's until I do the new frame. It's gonna run over $1250 to vapor coat the original T rims and the Vectors.

Ok, I was just down the basement and needed to move these, so I figured I would snap a few pics. These will be added to the build down the road. They will be smoothed and chromed. For now...here is the difference in a 15x10 Vector and a stock T wheel. CRAZY BIG!!!
I cannot wait to stuff some 325's under my car with these babies on.

image-2488663030-jpg.185258
image-4263830308-jpg.185259
image-3334728127-jpg.185260
image-2382743948-jpg.185261

Donnie, about fitting some 325-50-15's, I know that with a proper frame notch, it's possible to use them without any problem. I've seen a few cars that had the frame notched by Brian Cotton and the 325's did fit very well. I think you should give him a call to ask how much to notch and if there are other details you should know before beginning cutting.
In fact, I'm planning to have Brian notch the frame on my own GN this coming spring...

good luck,

Claude. :)

Hey Claude,
I won't be notching until next winter. It will be a different frame. I'm not cutting my low mile original. I will also be cutting the housing. I use to tub cars back in the Pro Street days, so I'm pretty good at getting the tires in properly.
Brian is incredible at fabrication and I will def get some tips.

Thanks

If your back...I'll send your money

To get the 325's to fit inside the wheel well, you need to notch all the way to the inner rail. Mine is 1/4" plate steel welded to the inner rail. You will need some extra bracing.

forcefed3.8's said:
To get the 325's to fit inside the wheel well, you need to notch all the way to the inner rail. Mine is 1/4" plate steel welded to the inner rail. You will need some extra bracing.

I wasn't thinking I would go that far for a notch. Maybe I'll stick with the 295's. It's not like a need the 325's...just would look cool as hell.
Your running them?

Back