WB O2 placement

DavzGN

I am installing a WB O2 sensor and I am wondering if I should install it in the bung already in the downpipe that is about 14 inches from the turbo or if it would be better to install the bung that came with the 02 sensor down in the test pipe?

Thanks
David

I'm no expert, but I think you'll find that installing the bung & WB sensor in the test pipe is not the greatest idea. Too much likelihood of an exhaust leak happening there which will sku your WB reading.

I installed mine near the bottom end of the DP under the car , about 1/2 way back on the flat section that connects to a catalytic convertor or test pipe. Just be sure to install the bung at 10 - 11 o'clock or 1 - 2 o'clock orientation on the pipe. This will ensure any moisture will not collect on your sensor.

I'm sure you'll find many have installed the bung / sensor near the exhaust housing.....but you might want to stretch out the distance to 18-24" from the exhaust housing or the heat could damage your sensor.
If your bung is already there at 14" from turbo, give it a try. If your WB sensor overheats & fails, there are heat sinks available that screw into the bung to aid this problem.

I think I am going to install it in the existing bung in the downpipe. Its a Jersey style thdp which is two piece so that junction and the dump cover are other potential leak points. I recently had the downpipe coated so I don't want to weld a bung on it if I don't need to.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

I think I am going to install it in the existing bung in the downpipe. Its a Jersey style thdp which is two piece so that junction and the dump cover are other potential leak points. I recently had the downpipe coated so I don't want to weld a bung on it if I don't need to.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Good thinking.

Posted to TurboBuick.com from my RAZR MAXX HD