WBO2

Gene Van Horn

Anybody ever try and clean one these O2 senser. I dont mind buying the single wire ones but these are $130.00 each and only laster maybe 2500 miles.
image.jpeg

I don't think cleaning it will make any difference.

That sensor should last a lot longer than 2500 miles. Where do you have it mounted?

Turbo T Guy, that bosch one is the one i got. 135.00. I can tell by looking at the senser the car is running rich but the guy that tunes it is in Philadelphia.

If the white stuff on the sensor is a bit fluffy, that would be silicone poisoning. RTV, silicone seal can cause this.

RemoveBeforeFlight

1 foot is too close ..only the ntk can go that close to the turbo
bosch wideband sensors should be put at base of downpipe at least three feet from turbo

What wideband are you running? You should see if you can do a free air calibration if you can’t like the AEM ones then you need to get a O2 sensor from AEM that is specifically calibrated to your AEM gauge or else the readings will not be accurate. Just a heads up

Don't use any sealant that smells like salt and vinegar chips only use sensor safe stuff even on the inlet side of the engine it kills them fast.i run the lsu4.2 and lsu4.9 1 foot from turbo in a lot of cars no problems even with leaded Avgas .another thing that kills them is moisture when you first start your engine if the sensor is hot before the condensation from combustion goes away it cold shocks the ceramic sensing element and it cracks.what wideband controller are you using a lot of them don't control the heater very well and just eat sensors for breakfast lol. oem in cars with a proper control strategy they will last at least 100000-150000km

Ok ,guys thanks for all the info. The only thing i put on the threads was in the packaging. This new one is a denso by the way. I was way to liberal with the 1 foot, as you can see its not that far away from turbo. The gauge and wire came with car and the hole was in the downpipe so i figured id hook it up,i can just plug it and get rid of gauge as i still have the single wire going into the header pipe. When its working properly,cruising at 65 it stays between 14.5 and 15 which I believe to be correct
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Last edited:
cc271ec0d9599788283519fbc4748931.jpg

I mounted mine close to the test pipe at the end of the down pipe and the original sensor is still working good after 2 years. The instructions say minimum of 18”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Makes total sense to me Scott. Unfortunately for me the hole and bung was already in the downpipe when i bought. Apparently someone didnt have the nice info you gave me. Thanks Gene.

Definitely too close to te turbo. The EGT's are killing it. That's why the sensors are not lasting long but don't get rid of it. Any muffler shop can put the car on a rack and weld another bung in the end of the downpipe for a few bucks. WBO2 and Boost are the 2 most important gauges to have. Both on the pillar.

14.5 to 15 AFR while cruising is good but more importantly, what is the WOT AFR?

Thats a good ? Rick, i dont know ive never looked at that during WOT. Ill check the next time i take the car out, its a little to hot out this week. Where should it be?

It's hot here too Gene. Miserable weather.

Are you running alky? How much boost? An alky car on high boost should be in the mid to high 10's afr.

Do 3rd gear pulls with no shifting when you take you the reading.

Scanmaster should show upper 700 lower 800mv range with no knock when you hit the recall button.

Yes i am running alky and 23#s of boost, i have to be honest i have never had a reading lower than say 810mv except once when it was like 40 degrees outside. Its always between 800 and 850 with no knock. I know this is high or rich as they say but i really dont know how to fix this. I wiil check o2s when it gets a little cooler. Thanks for all your info and suggestions, Gene