Weather striping horror stories.

Cyrus72

Ok. I have been reading several post on new weather striping from different vendors. Either to right , window won’t close all the way and fitting issues. So I want to prevent this but sure it’s inevetible. But would like to prolong the life of my weather striping on my car as much as possible. What are you guys doing to moisten or keep your weather striping nice and flexible without deteriorating? My car has 36k miles only driven when it’s not raining. I have the astroroof no leaks. Do you guys just use armor all or what do you guys put on them? Any recommendations would be recommended. Thanks

There are many brands of rubber preservatives on the market. What I have found is most have silicone as the main active ingredient. I've even used straight silicone spray.

Shoot. I never even thought of looking for rubber preservative? You guess there is something for everything. Just googled it and Its all over Amazon. Man I have been using armor all this time. You learn something every day! Happy Father’s Day to all you Fathers. Thanks guys!!

Gummi Pflege... I use it on my other car w ttops.

And you can't beat shin etsu grease from Honda. Excellent stuff!