Weighing budget hydroboost options

Sasquatch440

Dec 18, 2018
Im in the process of gathering parts to convert my 87 turbo t to hydroboost. Ive seen the astro van conversions, but ive stumbled upon a unit off an 80s b body GM that looks extremely similar to one off a hot air turbo g body. I picked up the b body unit and ive sourced a g body diesel unit from a junkyard and im waiting for it to be shipped. I will do a side by side of them when i get ready to convert. the only difference i can tell in the b body unit is it sits about half an inch taller in the mounting plate than a gbody unit. Has anyone tried this before??

Rosey1968

Mar 31, 2017
Flyover Country
Just my 2 cents .... Do yourself a favor, buy a new kit from someone like Talon Hydraulic... you will save yourself a lot of headaches. Budget and hydroboost do not go together. Your mileage may vary.....

Sasquatch440

Dec 18, 2018
I really dont mind the headache, it shouldn't be as bad since I know to expect it with this, ha. I'm just looking for an alternative to buying a marked up bosch pump from a company that wont give out details as to what the pump was originally designed for

TLI

Mar 29, 2006
Amarillo, TX
I got parts from Kirban and Rock Auto following this how to:
cedarcrestspeedlab.com

It worked out really well for me.

I ended up using a bulkhead fitting for the Hydroboost return instead of the tee

Sasquatch440

Dec 18, 2018
A reman unit off an earlier turbo car seems to be NLA , places say they stock it and will take your money but they'll tell you within a week that they or no one else has one