What’s next for my GN

GNbythebay

I’ve had fun with my cars set up now but want more power! My mods now are kinda the basic stuff everyone does at first and I wanna know what I have to do to get to where I wanna be (400-450 hp). Right now my mod list is 80 lbs injectors, ta44 turbo, cai, 4 inch dp, exhaust electric cutout, RJC plate, valve springs, hot wire kit with a bigger fuel pump, TT chip and meth injection. I have money to spend to reach my goal of 400-450 hp but I don’t wanna waste money buying stuff I don’t need to make that power. The transmission is stock so I know I will have to deal with that but for the engine/fuel side of it what would be a good buy to reach my goal. Built top end? E85?

My car with a stretch slic, TA49, 25#, 42# injectors and alky went 11.7 at 3780# and calculated to 442-451 flywheel HP.

You might already be at or have what you need for your hp goal.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

*****With a good tune, you should already be there. Perhaps spend a bit on a decent dyno type tune if there is someone in your area, to better assess fuel curves, timing, etc... A good chip maker can use the data to identify areas for improvement given that new info, and burn a chip to maximize your current mods.

I didn't see it in your mod list, but if not done already, perhaps consider a stock location intercooler upgrade, and a decent wideband and/or EGT gauge, Powerlogger, etc.. to fine tune and hopefully prevent an expensive mistake like running the car too lean or rich, etc..

Good luck

I agree how much boost are you running? Do you have a converter? You would be surprised what a good torque converter can do to your car especially in 60’ times. Also till this day I have never felt the biggest improvement then I felt slapping on a set of slicks and actually launching with a decent amount of boost . .

If you are running alky and haven’t had your boost up to 25-28lbs then I would definitely start turning up the boost slowly.

I agree how much boost are you running? Do you have a converter? You would be surprised what a good torque converter can do to your car especially in 60’ times. Also till this day I have never felt the biggest improvement then I felt slapping on a set of slicks and actually launching with a decent amount of boost . .
20-25 psi boost and converter is stock.

*****With a good tune, you should already be there. Perhaps spend a bit on a decent dyno type tune if there is someone in your area, to better assess fuel curves, timing, etc... A good chip maker can use the data to identify areas for improvement given that new info, and burn a chip to maximize your current mods.

I didn't see it in your mod list, but if not done already, perhaps consider a stock location intercooler upgrade, and a decent wideband and/or EGT gauge, Powerlogger, etc.. to fine tune and hopefully prevent an expensive mistake like running the car too lean or rich, etc..

Good luck
Can these cars be tuned with a stock ecu still in it? I have gauges and a scanmaster but that’s it

With a tt chip and a scanmaster or powerlogger the fueling and spark timing can be adjusted, and with an adjustable fpr you can of course change the fuel pressure, and an adjustable waste gate the boost can be adjusted. The powerlogger makes "seeing" what your changes are actually doing much more clear.

Then there is always a full on mafless with a speed density setup.

I love my sd2 chip . It would be the last chip you would ever have to buy .