What do you do for a living?

ttypewhite

Seeing as how the boards is filled with such diversity, and we are a small Buick Community. Who knows, this thread might help someone find someone that does what they are looking for and also get a idea who does what. So that being said, me first. My name is Mike Ricketts and I run the Print division here at Novellus Graphic Resource. We have 2 28" Komori Presses with in house bindery, along with a creative and prepress department with a photo studio.

Who's next?

Networking amongst others in this forum could help find jobs along with more work for others. Just a way to share info with one another that could prove to be helpfull somewhere down the road. If ya need a quote or just a suggestion on how to do something, send me a pm.

I am a Designer/ Master Goldsmith with 37 years of experience. Just about ready for retirement. Freedom 55. I conceive and execute all of my designs myself from the master wax model to the set and finished item. I have created high end Jewelry for celebrities from all over the world. The Buick is my stress relief, if you can believe it? :smile:

Pics of my work on the custom site below.

I run the R&D lab at a filtration company, been at it for almost 28 years. I get to blow things up to test them. :biggrin:

Just like the engine in our GN. :eek:

Jim

I'm a bum! Union concrete finisher for 20 years, just went into business with someone else. We'll see how it goes. Like I said a bum. Work 7-8 months unemployment and subpay the other 4-5. Sitting at home for $620.00 a week has its advantages though. BUM:D

No one told me to quit school I did it all on my own. Gave up a scholarship and everything. BUM:(

BUM

My car needs paint, looks like a hobo's car , runs 10's though :cool: BUM

BUM

Only 43k miles 87 GN:p BUM

BUM

Don't know how to post pics? BUM

BUM

Anyone need concrete work in western Pa.:confused:

BUM

Union elevator mechanic for IUEC local #21 here in Dallas.

I modernize old elevators into newer systems that are more efficient and reliable. Used to do construction and install from scratch.

I'm a bovine waste management and distribution engineer. Translation: I clean cow $hit from barn stalls and spread it on the pasture. Don't you want to be me.

Director Technical Architecture & Engineering U.S Patent and Trademark Office

Director of Occupational Safety for a civil heavy highway contractor.
Director of Environmental Management for above contractor.
Director of Highway Traffic Safety for above contractor.
IT director for above contractor......get the picture yet?
Heavy Eqipment purchasing/sales
Fleet manager
Welding supervisor

I think that's it. If not, I'm sure they'll think of something else.

Air Force

:eek: I am currently a nurse recruiter for your United States Air Force, that's today anyway, because I am alway's on the edge of returning to the regular Air Force to my old career field Supply!:redface:

I work for a local company that builds supermarket and bakery display cases. Been doin it 14 years now. Yeah its a factory job and really sucks. The highlight of my day is when the buzzer rings at 4:00 and I get to jump in the Buick and drive home.:eek:

It's a union job so we don't really have to work too hard except for when I have to order parts for the Buick on my cell phone.:biggrin:

VP of a small chain of Finance companies, owner of a used car dealership, partner in a Off Site System Built Homes business, investor, and a few things on the net:cool:

Federal employee for the Dept of the Navy. I wrench on Marine Corps CH-53E helicopters at the depot level and make 'em fly.

Before that I spent 13 years in the Air Force, you guessed it....working on helicopters.

I'm a bum! Union concrete finisher for 20 years, just went into business with someone else. We'll see how it goes. Like I said a bum. Work 7-8 months unemployment and subpay the other 4-5. Sitting at home for $620.00 a week has its advantages though. BUM:D

No one told me to quit school I did it all on my own. Gave up a scholarship and everything. BUM:(

BUM

My car needs paint, looks like a hobo's car , runs 10's though :cool: BUM

BUM

Only 43k miles 87 GN:p BUM

BUM

Don't know how to post pics? BUM

BUM

Anyone need concrete work in western Pa.:confused:

BUM

Wow - A BUM with a humor:D:biggrin: :D

Been employed with AutoZone Inc. for almost 15 years with jobs anywhere from Part time to Manager to Divisional Analyst.