• Kendall

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Royal Purple

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Other

Votes: 11 19.6%

• Total voters

SS/GN

I like the Brad Penn oil, I use the Green oil in my Buicks and the regular oil in my daily drivers. Good product and reasonably priced. I am hoping this poll makes it easier for people to do a search and find lots of info in one thread.

DELO 400

Rotella is supposed to have a high zinc content also.

Last edited:
Guess it depends which car. I use
"Lucas hot rod and classic car" in the small block performance builds
Mobil 1 in my TBSS
Cheap valvoline in my el Camino
And nothing in my Buick because it's not finished lol.
I do know for a fact that Mobil 1 made 40hp on the dyno over whatever else was ran in the engine tested. I could get more info if anyone was interested.

I use the Pennzoil GT racing oil. It is half the price of most race oils and just as good if not better. The guy I buy from has many NHRA records and swears by it.

Brad Penn 20-50

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk.[emoji252]

The least viscous oil I can get away with and still have the pressures I want. It varies. Some get 5w-30 and some get 15w-40 in the summer. I've never had to use anything 50 to achieve pressure. 20w-50 id probably preheat it knowing the pressure would be over 100psi till it was hot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I run Mobil 1 10W-30 not sure if its the best but has worked well for me. I have a roller cam. There have been a lot of studies out there on best oil for performance engines....

mobil 1 15-50.i have used so many oils throughout the years with these cars mobil 1 15-50 is what I prefer

IMG_8148.jpg

I used to use Valvoline 5W-30 with a bottle of ZDDP Plus.

I'll switch to my whatever my engine builder recommends, when I put my rebuild in.