what turbo

randy winn

randy29
I am going to upgrade my turbo and wanted to get some opinions on what to get I have a te 44 now the car ran 11.33 @119 best would like to get in the high 10 and still be good on the street. all opinions would be appreciated;

We need to know more about your setup. A 6262 or 6265 will work but to make a better decision please give us more info

I am going to upgrade my turbo and wanted to get some opinions on what to get I have a te 44 now the car ran 11.33 @119 best would like to get in the high 10 and still be good on the street. all opinions would be appreciated;
What boost level are you running to go 119 now and what is the rest of your combo.? Without knowing what else you have and if you are only wanting to do a turbo swap or are you willing to upgrade other items to go along with a new turbo it's impossible to advise. ........a te44 will go in the tens depending on the combo........

Start taking some weight out of the car you're almost there putting a new turbo on will probably need an adjustment to the converter if not a new one.the car would also need to be retuned.

Thanks for the replays guys I was thinking the 6262 but didn't know how it would do on the street I was at 24 lbs on the 44 that was all I could get out of it I still have stock suspension with air bags rear is stock trans has been rebuilt it did a 1.65 60 foot

If your sig is up to date your going to need a converter change with a bigger turbo.

so if I go to a bigger turbo like a 6262 I would have to get another torque converter.

Yes, you will most likely need to change the converter for good street manors. I just installed the 6266 and put in the Real Art Carr 9" non-lock up with a 3200 stall. My second option on the converter was to use a PTC non lock up.

I was at 24 lbs on the 44 that was all I could get out of it I still have stock suspension with air bags rear is stock trans has been rebuilt it did a 1.65 60 foot
there is plenty more in the 60ft.i had a 49 car 60ft high 1.4/low 1.5's on drag radials.

Has anyone been in the tens with a 44 and what what would be the best way to take the weight off i really don't want to change conv. Just put it in last year my car still has working ac don't want loose that so do you think it is possible to get in the tens with my setup

Has anyone been in the tens with a 44 and what what would be the best way to take the weight off i really don't want to change conv. Just put it in last year my car still has working ac don't want loose that so do you think it is possible to get in the tens with my setup
44s have been in the 10s on high boost and alky, with your 2800 10" you will loose a lot up top on the big end (high slip) if you end up going to a 6262 at the track. light to light street races 0-90mph it will work fine...still would need more stall then 2800

Has anyone been in the tens with a 44 and what what would be the best way to take the weight off i really don't want to change
I ran 10s on the 49 stock motor with a mild port on the stock head,4.10 gears,28 inch drag radial,pro torque 10.5 3200 lockup,pump gas alky I was 60fting high 1.4/low1.5s and was traction limited.its going to take a real good 60ft,not going to happen on a 1.65.there are lots of ways to take weight out of the car do a search and make the changes your comfortable with.my friend went 10.7 on race gas and slicks,gears,built motor with a 44.

My car pulls real hard through the 1/8 then it seems to level out do you think the converter could be doing that

My car pulls real hard through the 1/8 then it seems to level out do you think the converter could be doing that
have to look at mph gain from the 1/8 mile mph and 1/4 mph.mine would backhalf 25mph it can be done with a little less mph.

I locked my 10.5 3200 single disk,and it felt like another gear but it could handle the wot lock which the ptc to my knowledge should not be locked wot.my friend ran a 9 nonlockup.on my car locking up at wot was worth 4+mph so it was pretty loose unlocked.both our cars were aggressively tuned.

Thanks for all the info when I get home I will get my time slip and post the mph I just got my power logger hooked up haven't quite figured it out yet hope to be able to post some loggs