wheel it fit?

cronanzone

will 17x9.5 w 4.75" BS fit 87' GN in rear without the frame notched?

I'm running the stock 15s now w a 275 out back, not a great fit...

For my taste, i think the 17s look best on this car, wanna know if that size will fit non-notched car.

TIA!

I'm going to say yes, it wheel fit.

I've got 17x9 (4 5/8" B.S.) on the rear with 285/40 tires.
I've got the SSBC rear disc brakes that adds an 1/8" over stock drums so my wheels are essentially 4.5 B.S. w/ stock drums.

My tires have approx. 1/2" clearance from the frame and the wheel has about an inch clearance so the wheels will fit no problem.

The 9 1/2"wide wheels will be in a 1/4" and out a 1/4" as compared to mine which means a 285/40 tire will be in the same position as mine (1/2" clearance from the frame) and the wheel should have about 3/4" clearance from the frame.

A 275 tire will have more clearance and a 295 tire will have less.

My tires did rub on the upper rear part of the frame a little during hard corners on the auto-x due to axle shift with the stock control arm bushings and tire flex.

My car is one inch lower than stock with no fender rolling.

All our cars are slightly different and it's best to measure to be sure.

I hope this gives you a better idea of how they will sit.

I'm going to say yes, it wheel fit.

I've got 17x9 (4 5/8" B.S.) on the rear with 285/40 tires.
I've got the SSBC rear disc brakes that adds an 1/8" over stock drums so my wheels are essentially 4.5 B.S. w/ stock drums.

My tires have approx. 1/2" clearance from the frame and the wheel has about an inch clearance so the wheels will fit no problem.

The 9 1/2"wide wheels will be in a 1/4" and out a 1/4" as compared to mine which means a 285/40 tire will be in the same position as mine (1/2" clearance from the frame) and the wheel should have about 3/4" clearance from the frame.

A 275 tire will have more clearance and a 295 tire will have less.

My tires did rub on the upper rear part of the frame a little during hard corners on the auto-x due to axle shift with the stock control arm bushings and tire flex.

My car is one inch lower than stock with no fender rolling.

All our cars are slightly different and it's best to measure to be sure.

I hope this gives you a better idea of how they will sit.

Thank you so much for reply, very helpful.

I also want to lower my car an inch and don't wanna roll fenders, so that helps clarify that, too.

Yes, I've got 17 x 9.5 with 5" BS and 275/40s. It rarely rubs on either side of the tire except during more severe articulation. About 3/8 to 1/2 from frame.
IMG_20170409_142924.jpg

thanks! BTW ur car is pissed!
like the stance, what is ur setup?
Thanks. Just Eibach springs as far as height goes. Tubular front arms, stock rear, QA1 single adj shocks. I agree with you about wheel size on these cars. Just my taste but anything larger that 17s is too big.

I forgot to mention - disc brakes space the wheels out about an 1/8 per side. I factored that into my BS selection.

4.75 on the 17x9.5 rim with a 275 tire that has a flat sidewall is your perfect fit.
Check out the tires and suspension forum for your wheel and tire education[emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4.75 on the 17x9.5 rim with a 275 tire that has a flat sidewall is your perfect fit.
Check out the tires and suspension forum for your wheel and tire education[emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
right on, thx!

ordered wheels yesterday, went 17x9.5 and 17x8