wheel sources???????

Brady

I'm trying to find a wheel vendor that can hook me up. I want 17 x 8 with 4.5 backspace in the front and 17 x 10 with 4.75 backspace in back. I like the various black center with silver rim combos. Where in the hell can a guy look, I can find rims i like but they dont make the correct backspace or bolt pattern.

HELP!!!!!

Found a set I think I can use. Adapter questions (1) where is the best place to get them? (2) the back spacing I need is 4.5 in the front and 4.75 in back, the rims I found have 5.95 in front and 6.29 in back. What size adapter will I need, or how can I figure it on my own? Is it 1.44 thickness in front and 1.54 thickness in back????

I'm sure I'll draw some fire for my comments, but think very carefully before you install any kind of adapters or even spacers - *especially* on a vehicle that gets driven hard. There are many guys out there that won't hesitate to run spacers or adapters and there are also many, like me, who absoutely will not use either one. I've personally seen what can happen when an adapter fails.

Brakes, wheels and suspension are all critical parts and systems. Why skimp there? IMO, you're better off either spending the $$ on custom wheels that look like you want them to *and* fit correctly or if the cost is an issue, find another style that fits both your car and your budget without sacrificing saftey.

Found a set I think I can use. Adapter questions (1) where is the best place to get them? (2) the back spacing I need is 4.5 in the front and 4.75 in back, the rims I found have 5.95 in front and 6.29 in back. What size adapter will I need, or how can I figure it on my own? Is it 1.44 thickness in front and 1.54 thickness in back????

You should be able to use a 1.5" adapter to get really close front and rear. I will get you some info later this evening.

The sizes you want are the exact sizes I run. I dealt directly with Zak Kingsland at BozeForged. They can do any of their wheels with black center and polished lip.

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/2295400-post18.html

Thay do have some awesome looking stuff, but they are just to many $$$ for me. $2500 for wheels is just to much. I can get adapters and rims that look great for $700 and put the left over $1800 in the audio system.

For myself I think I gotta go that route.

Its kinda like the paint job I need next spring. One quote from a quality guy is $4500, a different quote from a really high end place is ........$15000. I get it that it would be better, but $11,000 better, come on!!!!

Getting close to having enough money for wheels and now they dont have any Mustang wheels on the site! Just my luck