You can type here any text you want

Wheel spacers and part # for wheels studs 1/2" longer than stock

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

87geeinn

Buick and AMG pilot
I'm going to add 1/2" spacers up front to the aluminum GN wheels to fill out the front a little better. Does anyone have the Dorman part # for wheel studs that are 1/2" longer than stock ones? Also, does anyone see any issues with doing this, fitment or otherwise?

Attachments

• Photo 2013-04-19 08.30.01.jpg
    Photo 2013-04-19 08.30.01.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 160
  • Photo 2013-04-19 08.30.07.jpg
    Photo 2013-04-19 08.30.07.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 174
Dorman 610-323..

just ordered 20 of them today for my Camaro.. $28 at NAPA for all of them..

ARP has studs that are a little bit longer than those- 100-7708- that cost $13.82 for a set of 5 at Summit..

I'm looking into the same thing, I mounted 96 impala ss wheels on my car and the front tires look like they need to come out more.

how did you bolt Impala SS wheels on a G body? did you redrill the rotors, axles, and brake drums to the bigger 5X5 bolt pattern?

I redrilled the rotors and have a wheel adapters on back. I like the way it looks but the front has to come out more. I had to roll the rear wheel wells because they were rubbing a little.

got a better pic of the Imp wheels on the GN than your avatar pic? i've always liked those wheels and as of a couple of years ago you could buy all 4 from GM with caps and lug nuts for not much more than the retail price of an individual wheel...

here is the longer stud compared to a stock stud:

531972_10152796268985441_1058378280_n.jpg

here they are installed in the hubs i made for the LS1 brake swap on my Camaro, with shiny new Dorman lug nuts:

317469_10152796281065441_1360713470_n.jpg

Changed my mind. I went with 1" adapters. That way I don't have to go through the effort of replacing wheel studs. I'll post pics on how they fit (if they fit, lol) once I install them. These are the ones I have on the way: http://www.ebay.com/itm/36063562917...iewitem=&sspagename=ADME:L:OC:US:3160&vxp=mtr
Your going to have to trim a little off your wheel studs. I mean a thread or two. I have GTA wheels and with 1" adapters (the ones you ordered) the thread sticks past approximately 1/16-1/8" and hits the rim.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Your going to have to trim a little off your wheel studs. I mean a thread or two. I have GTA wheels and with 1" adapters (the ones you ordered) the thread sticks past approximately 1/16-1/8" and hits the rim.

Good to know. Nothing the ol' angle grinder can't take care of! :)

Just curious are those the reproduction wheels from gbodyparts? What size did you go with front and rear?

I finally got around to installing the wheel spacers that I referred to in post #8. They will not fit on the front hubs so I had the raised flange machined off so that the hole was 70mm straight through. Even after doing this, I still had to take the Dremel to the hub and do a slight bit of grinding of material off the hub so that the spacer would slide completely onto the hub and sit flush. The aluminum GN rims have recessed spots on the back of the rim which allowed the slight protrusion of the factory wheel studs to go, thereby making it unnecessary to grind the factory studs down. All in all, it wasn't too bad and it pays to be in the Army where a machinist works right across the road from where I work.

The car definitely steers more responsively and doesn't nose dive when taking corners as speed. The left wheel does rub very slightly on the inside wheel well when turned full left but it does not do this when turning full right. Not a big deal though.

Attachments

• photo 1.JPG
    photo 1.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 185
  • photo 2.JPG
    photo 2.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 161
  • photo 3.JPG
    photo 3.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 154
Back