When better Chevys are built...

Supercharged Monte...

You wonder why they didn't think of that in 1995?

8 model years later a lightbulb goes off.

"I know, we can supercharge the V6! and call it an SS!"

Brilliant. :rolleyes:

just in time for everyone else to embrace rear drive again.

I think it's a damn shame when you have many 4-door imports with horsepower ratings higher then a supposed "performance oriented" car like the Monte "SS." What a joke. Pretty much describes the sad state of affairs at GM!!:mad: :mad: :mad:

I always thought it was kinda cool that they never put the blown 3800 in a chevrolet. oh well, not anymore.:( Chevrolet used to be the "performance division".:rolleyes:

Supercharged Monte ...

Its about freaking time for the horsepower. Tell me about it, I own 2001 model and only 2 or 3 things I would do to it. First make it rear wheel drive again. Next put the GN engine in it or the V8. I plan for that when I get out of college. It will be a nice project.

I always thought it was kinda cool that they never put the blown 3800 in a chevrolet. oh well, not anymore. Chevrolet used to be the "performance division".

Really not true. In the history of GM, it was organized to try and cover most demographics. The "real" GM had each division be known as the following.

Chevrolet - cheap cars for the common blue collar worker - hence, also the truck division.
Oldsmobile - Specialty cars, concept type vehicles, state of the art new stuff before other divisions started making similiar models
Pontiac - Performance division
Buick - semi-luxury, the poor-mans Cadillac
Cadillac - Luxury division, high priced vehicles.

HTH!

Yep.. buick was always involved in golf too..but they always had a thing for racing too.. since the early 1900s.. too bad golf took over completely.. and now we have 2 ugly ass SUV's thanks to it..

and magazine articles dont even refer to the engine properly "GM's 3800 series II" ... last i recall, it was a buick engine.. chevy didnt design it.. pontiac didnt.. gee...

"corporate engines" my ass.. 3800 was based on the same engine buick invented 30-40 years ago... its BUICK'S ENGINE ALREADY!@##!@#@!

;)

ohwell

when are they going to get more HP out of it? its been at 240 for a long time now.. :confused:

Really egomaniacal guy I knew that owned a 2000 or so C5 that I used to pester was jealous of my GN (I asked him if he wanted to trade but he wasn't -that- jealous, heh). Anyway after I got my ass handed to him I was explaining how there was a history of buicks being faster and had been a rivalry for quite some time and he laughed at me. Was a trip that he was so ignorant. Even funnier now that chevy guys are using our motor.

I agree that chevrolet used to be for blue collar workers, but the Vette kind of killed that in 1953, as well as the camaro. If I look back at the muscle car era for performance, I'd say Chevrolet had it dominated pretty well as far as GM goes, yeah there was the GTO and GS buicks, 442, but add up Nova SS COPO camaro SS RS Z28 COPO Vette L88 Chevelle SS COPO Monte SS454 Impala SS Fuel injected 283/283 horse..................................................

:D

Originally posted by Brian Mc
I agree that chevrolet used to be for blue collar workers, but the Vette kind of killed that in 1953, as well as the camaro. If I look back at the muscle car era for performance, I'd say Chevrolet had it dominated pretty well as far as GM goes, yeah there was the GTO and GS buicks, 442, but add up Nova SS COPO camaro SS RS Z28 COPO Vette L88 Chevelle SS COPO Monte SS454 Impala SS Fuel injected 283/283 horse..................................................

:D

I can't disagree, chevy always had more options/lines available. Buick however never received the credit it deserved. Kinda like in politics and the liberal media, but I won't get started on that even though it's a prime example.

Yes the 3800 IS Buicks engine but the bias-chevy media will never acknowledge the truth.GM is apart of that also. I can remember back in the late 80s/early 90s on Pontiacs the emmissions decal under the hood on cars with 3.8s would either read "BMC" OR "Buick Motor Corporation" under the engine liter description.

It'll never happen as GM has been keeping a tight rein on Buick from comming-out performance again, but it's time for another V8 naturaly aspirated Buick engine with rear wheel drive.

Originally posted by MeanBuicks
Buick will power them. :p

I couldn't have said it better myself. :D :cool:

I think it's a BIG MISTAKE to only offer the Impala SS in black only. That would keep me from buying one in a minute. I'll NEVER own another black car.

Oh well,i'm done with GM for daily drivers anyway. After my STS, my next driver will either be a Lexus,BMW, or Mercedes if I don't go with that new 6Liter power-stroke F-250.

I work for buick, and believe me GM will probably never satisfy buick enthusiasts. The new GS regal is OK, but i prefer the larger Park Ultra. they need to make a grand national from the GTO platform.

AAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH!

That is sound of 10000 Monte Carlo Pace Car owners who have purchased their cars over the last three years, who have checkered flags, big spoilers, 140mph speedos, and the same n/a engine the powers the Buick Lesabre:D

All show - no go

As you can tell my buddy has one, and it is slow. It does have a decent stereo