When will E85 be Available Everywhere?

hemi8

Goin Sideways
Are there any new laws concerning more widespread availability of E85? In the most congested area in the US we have 1 station in Ashburn VA that sells E85. There are so many hot rods in this area they would sell a whole lot of this stuff. There are a few in MD. but they are to far away. Sure would like to run E85 but can't be tied to 1 station. You guys in the midwest are spoiled.

Mike

I guess I don't understand what is so great about E85? My car runs just fine on plain old premium gas.

You dont understand what is so great because you havent used it

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

It's basically race gas at pump gas prices. No need for alky either. The fact that your car runs so well is bc it's bone stock. Turn it up and suddenly it won't run so well with alky or e85.

CT has two stations..... such a joke but even if it was available at the pump there are cold start issues and horrible gas mileage downsides to consider. and it aint always E85 ur gettn either. plenty of motors have melted from crap E85 at some pump gas station but it sure wud be nice to have a tune for it cause its def cheaper then C16

personally I wud only feel safe buying it in a 55 gallon drum but then ur talking $7-8 per gallon. still cheap tho

I drive 25 miles for E-85 here in C. Florida and have been on it for 2 years! Must realize the fact that most oil companies relate to market studies and have no clue or interest in our small volume of usage. I have spoken directly with the 3 largest vendors in Fl. and only Racetrac has opened up to it, and they sell a bunch. I store 40 gallons in a/c office as a backup and use the tester ( Summit or Jegs) to confirm. It is easier and less $$$$ but the moisture, mileage drop & goo factor must be respected and dealt with! Still worth it for the power & piece of mind in our cars to prevent detonation!!!

yea that makes no sense. the Tri-state area is one of the most densely populated areas in the country. plenty of usage here but yet two gas stations in the whole state so ur argument holds no water.

Must realize the fact that most oil companies relate to market studies and have no clue or interest in our small volume of usage.

Not an argument but a fact based on my area!! The population has no effect, studies are based on demand & usage for any product and if there are only 2 stations in CT. then do the math. They aren't offering E-85 because enough people aren't asking for it I would think. Contact the biggest gas chains in the area and ask what their decision is based on, that will answer your original question.

In South Jersey, from what I could find, there are only 3 stations selling e85 within 35-40 miles from me. None are closer than 25 miles. 1 in Shamong, 1 in Philly and 1 in Delaware. Not great.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Lol.... Illinois may be a nearly bankrupt budgetless mess, but at least we have plenty of E85. The only reason to stay here IMO....
E85 1 mile away at Shell.... (usually E60 by my measurements, Shell "ClearFlex")
Thorntons sells E10, E15, E50, E85 about 4 miles away. Lol who knows why....
FasFuel and Speedway pretty consistently E88-E90 although they're technically not supposed to be. Also only 4-5 miles away.

The Buicks get the 90% mix, my Silverado gets the Shell stuff.

On the weekends it can be like a mini car show at the pump. Hot rods and turbo cars waiting in line for the E85. People gossiping about where to find the highest E percentage.

image.jpg

WOW.................we would be spoiled with those kinda choices here in Florida.....................

Not many here in upstate NY , but I have 3 all with-in 7 miles . That was good enough to make the switch and well worth it . I never could get the alky system that came with my car dialed in and popped the motor . Replaced motor with an almost identical build and E85 change over and now deep into the 10's with no knock at 29 psi of boost . Love it !!

there are cold start issues and horrible gas mileage downsides to consider.

The Tuners have gotten a lot better with the cold start issues, even the TT chips do a decent job at cold starts (from personal experience)
Also my MPG on E85 is HORRIBLE mainly because my driving gets a LOT more enthusiastic - You are driving around with a tank full of race gas a $1.00 cheaper than 93 Turn everything up and GO.

lol fair enough..... good points. I keep saying that CT is turn the corner and get more stations with it but hasn't happened yet smh.

The Tuners have gotten a lot better with the cold start issues, even the TT chips do a decent job at cold starts (from personal experience)
Also my MPG on E85 is HORRIBLE mainly because my driving gets a LOT more enthusiastic - You are driving around with a tank full of race gas a $1.00 cheaper than 93 Turn everything up and GO.